+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Everton

Everton

It’s not looking good for them at all, is it. Three down at Spurs as we speak, one point above the bottom three and in free fall. Leeds in the mix as well.

Re: Everton

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It’s not looking good for them at all, is it. Three down at Spurs as we speak, one point above the bottom three and in free fall. Leeds in the mix as well.
    Leeds or Everton instead of Burnley.....preferably Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Leeds or Everton instead of Burnley.....preferably Leeds
    Both of them would be ok, in fact, them two & Newcastle would have done it for me. The Geordies seem to have ridden out the storm though.

4-0.
    Spurs score 40 seconds into the second half.

Just looked at the table and hadn't realised how far they'd fallen.
    They're survival could depend on how well Leeds' new manager gets on.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Both of them would be ok, in fact, them two & Newcastle would have done it for me. The Geordies seem to have ridden out the storm though.
    The Geordies have ridden out the storm by buying the biggest Yacht. Frank will just about keep Everton up, they'll start poorly next season, he'll get the boot and roll back into town with Derby when Ashley buys them out. Returning under the banner of 'Unfinished Business'

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The Geordies have ridden out the storm by buying the biggest Yacht. Frank will just about keep Everton up, they'll start poorly next season, he'll get the boot and roll back into town with Derby when Ashley buys them out. Returning under the banner of 'Unfinished Business'
    I fancy Dyche to keep Burnley up again and finally leave this summer

The rest of this month is huge for Everton, they've got West Ham, Liverpool, Man United and Chelsea in April before going to Arsenal on the final day

Both Leeds & Everton’s goal difference look pretty grim opposed to Burnley’s, could be a factor.

Big Sam incoming?

Everton really are abysmal.
    It's crazy what has happened to them in a relatively short space of time.
    When Calvert-Lewin was banging them in for fun they were Europe material.

The commentary team are raving about Harry Kane but he hasn't really had to break sweat.

I have no beef with Everton but as they are one of the "Big Six", it would be nice to see them relegated.

Leeds look as bad as Everton but they could see a "manager bounce". Either would do me.

Dyche has been there and done it on a shoestring budget so I think/hope they will survive.

Everton really have hit the rocks at a vital time of the season, have they got the arse for the fight? New situation for them whereas Burnley and Dyche are seasoned battlers, going to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Everton really are abysmal.
    It's crazy what has happened to them in a relatively short space of time.
    When Calvert-Lewin was banging them in for fun they were Europe material.

The commentary team are raving about Harry Kane but he hasn't really had to break sweat.

I have no beef with Everton but as they are one of the "Big Six", it would be nice to see them relegated.

Leeds look as bad as Everton but they could see a "manager bounce". Either would do me.

Dyche has been there and done it on a shoestring budget so I think/hope they will survive.
    Not sure Everton are considered one of the 'big six' and probably haven't been since the phrase really got pushed by Sky. That being said it'd be the biggest relegation out of the top flight ever arguably. Hope Burnley do stay up but think their time is up.

Fun fact: Frank Lampard is a Tory.

I don't know why they hired Lampard. Terrible decision. I still fancy Leeds to go down though.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Not sure Everton are considered one of the 'big six' and probably haven't been since the phrase really got pushed by Sky. That being said it'd be the biggest relegation out of the top flight ever arguably. Hope Burnley do stay up but think their time is up.
    There used to be a big 5. Liverpool, Everton, Man Utd, Spurs and Arsenal. That was nearly 40 years ago mind.

I would love to see Everton. Got unfinished business.
    0-0 draw at NP, probably the best goalkeeping display I ever saw that day by Everton goalie. I fancy it came out later that something odd happened that night with him. Drugs?

0-2 FA cup.

I know we’ve played them twice in the Prem since, at home, but those games still rankle

Everton have the better squad than Leeds or Burnley.

That should have read "Big Five" as NYC mentioned.

They most definitely aren't in the top five clubs in the prem and haven't been for some time but they were part of the breakaway group which lead to the greedy league.

Would be good to see them suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Everton have the better squad than Leeds or Burnley.
    I thought that Leeds were excellent against Leicester and didn't deserve to lose that game. The new manager seems to have tightened up their defence in a way that Bielsa seemed reluctant or unable to do. Everton may have a better squad but their confidence seems to be ebbing away from them rapidly and they have a lot of very tough matches coming up. Burnley always seem to do enough to stay up but this might be one season too far. Pity because I like Sean Dyche.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    That should have read "Big Five" as NYC mentioned.

They most definitely aren't in the top five clubs in the prem and haven't been for some time but they were part of the breakaway group which lead to the greedy league.

Would be good to see them suffer.
    Can't argue with that. Always nice to see a big club come down and rot for some time.

Can't argue with that. Always nice to see a big club come down and rot for some time.
    It's a shame the likes of Everton, Spurs etc don't struggle for 5 years , bloody ponces

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's a shame the likes of Everton, Spurs etc don't struggle for 5 years , bloody ponces
    I can't see Everton or Spurs slumming it for 5 years. A year more likely or 2 max.

Everton only escaped relegation on goal difference in the 1997-98 season. They may finally have run out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I can't see Everton or Spurs slumming it for 5 years. A year more likely or 2 max.

Everton only escaped relegation on goal difference in the 1997-98 season. They may finally have run out of luck.
    Big clubs generally as you suggest don't stay down for too long

Spurs , Arsenal , Everton etc it really would be great to see them struggle

Everton just don’t do relegation historically, but they are showing classic relegation tendencies this season - it’s only their misleadingly good start that is keeping them, just, above water and if your take away the big club label they have, there would be nothing that would prevent them being everyone’s relegation tip. I’d be very worried if I were an Everton fan that Lampard’s appointment has seen the tiniest of new manager bounces and angry that they have spent £400 million or so in recent years to get to this point.

I think they may well go down and I hope they take Leeds and Watford (really dislike that club under their present ownership) with them.