+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

19,700 new cases today and 137 more deaths, what the figures don't make clear is if it is the areas already suffering most that are being hardest hit.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    19,700 new cases today and 137 more deaths, what the figures don't make clear is if it is the areas already suffering most that are being hardest hit.
    In one area they were restricted because of a spike and excess deaths but the mojority were in 1 or 2 hospitals as I understand. If you take out the nbumbers you know are froma specific cause, like the university students, how do we know what the fiugres look like then

I was interested to see before the weekend that Mark Drakeford said that all their evidence told them that the increase was in the community and among extended families, and that there is no evidence to support the clamour that it is caused by pubs and restaurants. Not often I applaud him but I admire his honesty on the point.

Sadly 2 days later Gethin said he might close the pubs to stop the spread. It really is a knee jerk reaction. The easiest target and one that everyone notices, but the affect is dubious. To spread it in a pub someone must have contracted it at home or at work or where ever.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    To spread it in a pub someone must have contracted it at home or at work or where ever.
    Surely though if you catch it at home and stay at home you won't spread it but if you catch it at home then go to the pub you will, so therefore there's a logic to closing the pubs?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Surely though if you catch it at home and stay at home you won't spread it but if you catch it at home then go to the pub you will, so therefore there's a logic to closing the pubs?
    People going to local pubs and back to someone’s house post pub is the main issue I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Figures up 40% in a week. Some more radical action is needed if this virus is to be contained.