We have the advantage in the group of not playing the group favourites Italy until the final game, so it offers a chance for Wales to stamp their mark against teams they should be competitive against. Turkey have to travel back from Rome before Wednesday's game so not exactly ideal preparation for them. A win and a draw should be enough to secure progression to the round of 16 whether it be in 2nd or 3rd place.

I think this tournament will see a lot of teams playing patiently, operating with a 5 man back line consisting of 3 centre backs and 2 wing backs. Wales have the players to make such a formation work, and ideally I would like to see Ampadu operate as the central centre back with Rodon and Davies either side. It would give Ampadu the freedom to push up and join midfield when Wales are in possession with Allen (who deserves to start in my opinion) and enable Ramsey the freedom to float in the space behind the front three, which in order to be effective needs Moore at centre forward. I would also be tempted to play Wilson at right wing considering he has just played a full season with Moore, and then Bale at left wing.

But I think Page is more likely to settle for James, Bale and Wilson up top, with Ampadu and Ramsey in central midfield and Mepham coming in at centre back. He and his coaching staff see a lot more of the players than we do, so you would hope they get it right, but Wales seem incapable of creating persistent chances in the final third without Moore helping to create space and allow the likes of Bale and Ramsey to make an impact.