Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
I think Usyk has a lot of skill but realises that he doesn't have the power to hurt Joshua on most occasions. You could get the odd Andy Ruiz shock but they are few and far between. So basically I think Usyk tries to move Joshua around in an attempt to outbox him and win on points or steps it up if Joshua shows any sign of gassing. I believe this is why Joshua has lost the weight, so that he doesn't gas or limits the chance of that happening.
I'd also hazard a guess that Joshua still feels at that weight he has the power to get Usyk out of there if he feels there is chance at any stage.
It is an interesting one though no doubt.

The Fury-Wilder fight I can see going in a similar way if Fury is right for the fight. Wilder will be almost 36 by the time the fight happens and time waits for no man but he has that equaliser in that he can finish it with one punch. Fury blasts off with a high work rate from the off and pushes Wilder out of his comfort zone, which we all know is back foot and waiting to land that big shot, and I think Fury wins again. I think this one is more dependant on how well prepared Fury is rather than what skills Wilder has. A fully prepared and fit Fury has Wilder's number.

It is heavyweight boxing though and if we are posting on here after both fights about Usyk beating AJ on points and how Wilder caught an under prepared Fury and knocked him cold then it wouldn't be totally out of the realms of possibility.
Agree with most of this. Joshuas weight loss has to be because they think its likely to be a long one. If Usyks chin is able to stand up to Joshuas big shots then stands landing his own then this could get interesting.

I think on a Eddie Hearn card in the UK Usyk is going to have to force a stoppage or floor Joshua a few times. I dont see many if any close rounds going Usyks way.