+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "Don't mind relegation from PL. Prefer the Championship."

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: "Don't mind relegation from PL. Prefer the Championship."

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Hate the EPL. I want to get promoted to it because that would be a successful season and I'd want to stay up because that would be good too, but ultimately you keep saying that until you are a top 6 club and I'm not sure I'd enjoy watching what at that point is really a global entertainment business that has nowt to do with the city other than it being based there.

I'm not saying that we have a squad full of locals at the monent but at least the competition we are in is actually a competition and it's just us that are interested in it so it's - just about - still ours. The premier League is not a competition it's a gladiator event where we play the role of the slaughtered. Tedious, boring, predictable. You can keep it. While I want progress for my club, id rather be watching at the point where it's fighting for promotion from the championship than getting battered by materially superior opposition with far greater resources.
    It’s a rhetorical question but ask a lifelong 50+ year old Man City or Chelsea fan which they’d prefer.... the fallow years when they were lower division clubs or the last 15 years or so?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    It’s a rhetorical question but ask a lifelong 50+ year old Man City or Chelsea fan which they’d prefer.... the fallow years when they were lower division clubs or the last 15 years or so?
    That's them. Not me.

That's them. Not me.
    Random question, but suppose City sustained a number of years in the Premier League and became established as a mid-table side that flirted with Europe. Would you walk away?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Random question, but suppose City sustained a number of years in the Premier League and became established as a mid-table side that flirted with Europe. Would you walk away?
    I know Stoke fans that stopped going when they were in the same position. It gets dull after a while, you're constantly making up the numbers to the top 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I know Stoke fans that stopped going when they were in the same position. It gets dull after a while, you're constantly making up the numbers to the top 6.
    I've got mates who are Baggies fans. They used to get season tickets for the championship years and drop them for the premiership years. Not just the boredom of not seeing a win (or even a goal) for weeks on end, but also Sky messing around with fixtures etc.

I've got mates who are Baggies fans. They used to get season tickets for the championship years and drop them for the premiership years. Not just the boredom of not seeing a win (or even a goal) for weeks on end, but also Sky messing around with fixtures etc.
    I agree with Sky but its happening in the Championship. We'll have two home Saturday 3pm kick offs until November.