+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Neil Warnock's fanny pack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Neil Warnock's fanny pack

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I totally agree. Wonderful football. I agree with the rest of your post except the Old Trafford result. But, in a futile attempt to keep this about football as the thread is going off-piste somewhat - here's something to smile (or cry) over. The real highlight (not shown) was seeing John Terry rip his Aston Villa shirt off in anger as he went down the tunnel. Ah, the memories.

We played excellent football until it looked like promotion was on the cards, then Warnock reverted to type and had us grind out results. The third in the 3-1 win over Leeds was a lovely passing move

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We played excellent football until it looked like promotion was on the cards, then Warnock reverted to type and had us grind out results. The third in the 3-1 win over Leeds was a lovely passing move
    And that was fine in the end as he got us to that hallowed promotion. But then should have been ruthlessly dumped. I'll only remember him for getting us relegated and negating the promotion. But worse than that, not having any clue whatsoever as to how to manage a team in the Premier League - even after all his years of football - which has moved on at the higher levels, whilst he has stayed still. He was awful as a PL manager.

Even though I loathe the PL I understand that as a club we should have done everything possible to stay there (having learned lessons from the first promotion). We didn't. We were too much in awe of Warnock at CCFC. Staying up was vital. I fear it'll be a long time before we get the chance again.

I loved that Leeds match though. Haven't seen football like that at City since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    And that was fine in the end as he got us to that hallowed promotion. But then should have been ruthlessly dumped. I'll only remember him for getting us relegated and negating the promotion. But worse than that, not having any clue whatsoever as to how to manage a team in the Premier League - even after all his years of football - which has moved on at the higher levels, whilst he has stayed still. He was awful as a PL manager.

Even though I loathe the PL I understand that as a club we should have done everything possible to stay there (having learned lessons from the first promotion). We didn't. We were too much in awe of Warnock at CCFC. Staying up was vital. I fear it'll be a long time before we get the chance again.

I loved that Leeds match though. Haven't seen football like that at City since then.
    What club would ‘ruthlessly dump’ a manager who had just got them into the Premier League automatically against all the odds and predictions and by spending very little money. Also, you do realise that we only went down by two points and we were actually above two other teams, one of which was the much revered (on this board anyway) paragon of attractive football virtuosity, Fulham, whose goal scoring and goal conceding record was much inferior to ours. No doubt you thought that their managers at the time (Jokanivic, Ranieri and Parker) were all tactically brilliant, forward thinking and should have been practicing their art here, instead of being totally out of their depth at Fulham and dragging the team down with their stupid team selections and tactics. PS. We actually nearly and could have gone back up in 2019/2020 but perhaps you missed that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What club would ‘ruthlessly dump’ a manager who had just got them into the Premier League automatically against all the odds and predictions and by spending very little money. Also, you do realise that we only went down by two points and we were actually above two other teams, one of which was the much revered (on this board anyway) paragon of attractive football virtuosity, Fulham, whose goal scoring and goal conceding record was much inferior to ours. No doubt you thought that their managers at the time (Jokanivic, Ranieri and Parker) were all tactically brilliant, forward thinking and should have been practicing their art here, instead of being totally out of their depth at Fulham and dragging the team down with their stupid team selections and tactics. PS. We actually nearly and could have gone back up in 2019/2020 but perhaps you missed that as well.
    You wrote all that just for me?! I guess we've all got to try and get our thrills wherever we can and if posting another homo-erotic, Warnock-worshipping, wall-of-text w*nk-fest is your way of getting off then knock yourself out.

Oh, and here's a pro-tip. This is how you use paragraphs.

I replied to you earlier very rudely. I unreservedly apologise. It's not how I want to be or conduct myself. We can disagree but it doesn't warrant the kind of response I posted.

Southampton. What division are they in?