+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: John Eustace

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: John Eustace

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    If we appointed some bloke most people had ever heard of, who had no managerial experience in the Championship and had been looking at jobs in League One and below, there would be a furore amongst fans generally but particularly on this board. Swansea do it and apparently it is ‘progressive thinking’. All this crap about how good they are at choosing managers is sickening as well. They have had 21 managers in the last 20 years (12 in the last ten years as well), yes that's right more managers than the number of years. Thats a really stable well run club isn't it !! They have also ‘sold off the family jewels’ on a number of occasions in that time and are currently in the process of doing it again. They have nearly gone bankrupt, went into liquidation owing millions to creditors and yet miraculously still continued. Well run - you must be joking, they are a shambles of a club.
    How many of our managers of recent times have gone on to bigger things after us, and how many of Swansea's managers have?

For us - 0 (Dave Jones had the opportunity to join West Brom at one point I think)

For them - Martinez, Sousa (eventually), Rodgers, Potter and probably soon Cooper.
    Yes they've had plenty of others who have made sideways or backwards moves after leaving but it's certainly a better track record than we have.

The question i suppose is - are thy better at picking a manager, or has their club been a better environment for letting their managers succeed?
    I.e. if martinez or potter had joined Cardiff would they have been as successful?

Re: John Eustace

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    How many of our managers of recent times have gone on to bigger things after us, and how many of Swansea's managers have?

For us - 0 (Dave Jones had the opportunity to join West Brom at one point I think)

For them - Martinez, Sousa (eventually), Rodgers, Potter and probably soon Cooper.
    Yes they've had plenty of others who have made sideways or backwards moves after leaving but it's certainly a better track record than we have.

The question i suppose is - are thy better at picking a manager, or has their club been a better environment for letting their managers succeed?
    I.e. if martinez or potter had joined Cardiff would they have been as successful?
    What the managers do after they leave a club is irrelevant. We are talking about the state the club are in and how they are run. During their 7 years in the Premier League they would have earned over £700m in extra revenue - wheres the evidence of this, where has the money gone ? They were an established Premier League club at that point with a massive financial advantage over the rest of the Championship. Why didn't they go straight back up in 2019 ? Why are they continually selling off their best players ? Why do they still play in a council owned stadium and why haven’t they improved/enlarged it all all since it was built ? Also if Cooper is such a good manager, why didn't they go straight back up ? They are a basket case of a club with owners who are continually asset stripping and lining their own pockets, thats why.