Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
I’ve never really been too concerned by the ‘quality’ of the football played by City, maybe that’s due to the years of substandard entertainment on the pitch in the lower divisions. As long as the city are winning I’m not too fussed about how we do it - the promotion season under Warnock was even more enjoyable for me than the Malky one - maybe because of the fact we were constantly criticised for the aesthetic nature of our game, with Fulham the media darlings due to their playing of football the ‘right way’.

The whole ‘I like watching good football’ attitude doesn’t always sit too comfortably with me as it’s often the excuse trotted out by all those Man Utd and Liverpool fans that have no justifiable link to support these teams.

Now don’t get me wrong I do like watching attractive football which is why I subscribe to Sky and BT to watch the best teams. But as for the City, it’ll always be the result that comes first. We tried the pleasing on the eye stuff last under Trollope and we were on a fast track to relegation until Warnock came. In the long run I’d be happy to try this under a different manager, but that would require some upheaval.

Whilst Mick is in charge this won’t happen, but I’m not bothered by that if we kept having a crack at promotion.
You have one view, mine is completely different. I've grown heartily sick of us playing underdog, cowardly football whereby we let the opposition have the ball and then hope to capitalise on any mistake they make. If that doesn't work, then we fall back on the old faithful of set pieces - even when we win, it's often very dull. If we were a club with the resources of a Wycombe, I could understand why we appear to believe that we can only play the one way, but we've had the finances to have built something more easy on the eye.

If I had to guess, I think it will be more of the same next season, but I live in hope that Mick McCarthy will want his team to offer more than a style of football which the best Championship sides are able to cope with quite easily these days - the selection of Pack at centreback is a hopeful sign.