Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
I'm still waiting for this, I'd genuinely love to be wrong so please educate me!
I'll give it a shot. You're right he is no different from a Tory and the fact he hasn't ditched the silly handle "Sir" really grates with me. He would fit in to any moderately centre left Tory administration.

However, the overriding objective for the good of the vast majority of the country is to get rid of the present fascist government. Starmer's only job is to make Labour electable again and as we found with Blair and Brown the only possible way to do that is to tack to Tory lite.

Starmer isnt doing a bad job of things if you consider the polls are showing lukewarm support for Labour, largely due to the disaster the present administration has shown itself to be. Starmer doesn't have to be spectacular to improve Labours election chances. He just needs to distance himself from Corbyn as far as possible. I personally detest it but I would settle for anything but the Tories at the moment and then try to get the Left Wing doctrine across when we have a foothold in power.

Despite Starmer's many weaknesses any change of leadership campaign now might set our ambitions back much further. There will be a more opportune time for that in the future.

Hasta la victoria sempre!