+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Should Be There

Should Be There

Hitting home tonight, just on the news now about Welsh fans in the bars of Baku, only 6,000 tickets out of the 30 odd thousand available have been sold apparently. Why bloody Baku?????

Re: Should Be There

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Hitting home tonight, just on the news now about Welsh fans in the bars of Baku, only 6,000 tickets out of the 30 odd thousand available have been sold apparently. Why bloody Baku?????
    30,000?..Italy were only allowed 16,000 last night.

Personally - I think the whole thing is a farce, England gets to play their games at home, Italy the same what was platini trying to engineer here when he dreamt this one up.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Personally - I think the whole thing is a farce, England gets to play their games at home, Italy the same what was platini trying to engineer here when he dreamt this one up.
    So different from the last one in France, it’s got no soul spread out all over

It gives places like Azerbaijan the chance to host a part of it.

But I personally dislike the set up. I suppose we would feel differently if Wales were on the list but still it's not going to be the 2016 experience (even without the pandemic)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

But I personally dislike the set up. I suppose we would feel differently if Wales were on the list but still it's not going to be the 2016 experience (even without the pandemic)
    Fair enough it gives little country’s a chance to host, but it would have been much more of a level playing field If Italy were at Wembley last night and the English would play in Rome tomorrow.

IIRC England engineered the 66 WC so that they played all their games at Wemberley

Fixing tournaments is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    It was mentioned last night, different countries, different rules i s’pose.

What an absolutely awful stadium for the fans. Had I not applied for a refund for my tickets I would have had to invest in a pair of binoculars.

Should have been only smaller countries with games but once covid should have just scrapped the idea

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Italy only opened 25% of the stadium, Azerbaijan opened 50%

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    What an absolutely awful stadium for the fans. Had I not applied for a refund for my tickets I would have had to invest in a pair of binoculars.
    At least watching it on TV you got to see me and my son celebrating the Wales goal

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The reason for that is exactly the same as why the West Ham supporters had the same complaint.
    Both places were designed and built intentionally for athletics with a running track. They were never intended for football. And we can see the result. (Or maybe can't!)

Its a stitch up

I hope England get leathered

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

Wasn't the idea that smaller nations get to host games because they'd not be able to host tournaments? So why do places like Rome and London get any games let alone the latter hosting the majority of the tournament?

Either switch it to England fully because of covid or do better at meeting the original aim. This fudge gives some sides such a huge advantage and most of them don't need it.

How much money he could make.