Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
I don't fully understand the Monk sacking. If I read it correctly this morning pressure increased with three bad defeats but they have since had points reduction cut, beaten Bournemouth and drawn with Millwall. Things were much rosier for them as a team and under Monk in past two weeks than they were before that or any time this season, apart from opening day. Think Monk rubs fans and local press up the wrong way more than anything, too ready for a fight?, so when results turn for worse he's out the door whether overall he deserve that or not.

Should we look at why there are so few BAME mangers? Absolutely, but I don't like breaking it down into individual cases. It's a conversation we should have whether or not Sol should be a manager/should have opportunities at a higher level and weighing that up against other's merits who haven't asked to join this part of the conversation.
My point was quite simple. Would an ex black footballer get as many opportunities to fail as Monk has? I seriously doubt it.