Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
I very much doubt they will operate close to normal when there is a vaccine for the most vulnerable. Any vaccine is very unlikely to guarantee protection.

I doubt they will even vaccinate the entire population.

The likeliest is the most vulnerable and key workers are going to need regular vaccinations. I just cant see say the under 30s with no underlying health conditions being regularly being vaccinated for something that is unlikely to affect them.

The only way the entire population gets vaccinated if something comes along where one jab near 100 percent protects you for life and thats not going to happen.

Normal or near normal will probably be when we come to an acceptable point we can control and live with it.
Although I'd have usually had it by now and still haven't heard anything about having one this year yet, I've had a flu vaccination annually for close to a decade and I can definitely say that I don't give the flu a second thought after having had my yearly jab. My attitude towards Covid would change greatly if I was able to have the same sort of thing every year - I'm certainly not expecting any vaccine to be a case of have one and then you have protection for life, but I'm sure it would lead to a great deal more peace of mind for those of state pension age who aren't in the anti vaxxer camp.

Once the most vulnerable have protection, there is less urgency to vaccinate those who, statistically, are very unlikely to have serious, life threatening, symptoms and so those of, say, thirty and under who must be hating all of the restrictions to their lives which aren't really necessary on a personal level, will be able to get on with their lives again.