+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Digital ticket Barnsley

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Digital ticket Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Says the guy using his works phone for personal use...

Jokes aside. I don't think this is the long term plan is it? To use this week in week out.
    I think the e-ticket and even the season e-ticket is a great idea with the option for a paper ticket or plastic season ticket for those who want them. There should be a charge for the paper ticket and plastic season ticket as these have production and admin costs (though an option of printing your own ticket should be in there too as £2 a pop is a rip-off).

It is so easy to load an e-ticket on every other sporting site I've used as well as travel tickets etc. The Hundred was easy and accessible. If you have an account, fan number, and an App, tickets should automatically be pre-loaded and accessible. You shouldn't have to do anything once you've paid - it should just be in a wallet on the App. Our club could do this easily if they got their act together but they need a big think about their current IT contract because it sucks (and has done for some time).

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I think the e-ticket and even the season e-ticket is a great idea with the option for a paper ticket or plastic season ticket for those who want them. There should be a charge for the paper ticket and plastic season ticket as these have production and admin costs (though an option of printing your own ticket should be in there too as £2 a pop is a rip-off).

It is so easy to load an e-ticket on every other sporting site I've used as well as travel tickets etc. The Hundred was easy and accessible. If you have an account, fan number, and an App, tickets should automatically be pre-loaded and accessible. You shouldn't have to do anything once you've paid - it should just be in a wallet on the App. Our club could do this easily if they got their act together but they need a big think about their current IT contract because it sucks (and has done for some time).
    Your first paragraph is correct, we should have the choice as paying fans (I still say fans or supporters despite the club treating us as ‘customers’, a horrible description of a football supporter). I’d imagine we’ve got ‘belt and bracers’ fans as well, if a paper ticket or card was made available they’d get that as well as having it on their ‘phone as a failsafe. Before flying I also print off my boarding passes even though they’re on my ‘phone in an email or on the flight company’s app etc, it’s just me covering all bases, long delay at the airport, ‘phone battery dying etc. Imagine that happening when arriving at the turnstiles, battery gone, you’ve lost your ‘phone or even absentmindedly left it at home. Give the fans what they want, every option, within reason, and we’d be a much happier club

How long before microchipping humans catches on? Just load your ticket on that...no need for paper tickets or a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    How long before microchipping humans catches on? Just load your ticket on that...no need for paper tickets or a phone.
    Fingerprints will probably suffice. Just as they do with many mobile phone apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Fingerprints will probably suffice. Just as they do with many mobile phone apps.
    Seriously great idea. That would be amazing. I use my fingerprint option as well as face and voice recognition all the time for all tech every day. It makes my life so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Bit a bit grisly if you want to swap Hull 'finger' stubs

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Your first paragraph is correct, we should have the choice as paying fans (I still say fans or supporters despite the club treating us as ‘customers’, a horrible description of a football supporter). I’d imagine we’ve got ‘belt and bracers’ fans as well, if a paper ticket or card was made available they’d get that as well as having it on their ‘phone as a failsafe. Before flying I also print off my boarding passes even though they’re on my ‘phone in an email or on the flight company’s app etc, it’s just me covering all bases, long delay at the airport, ‘phone battery dying etc. Imagine that happening when arriving at the turnstiles, battery gone, you’ve lost your ‘phone or even absentmindedly left it at home. Give the fans what they want, every option, within reason, and we’d be a much happier club
    I agree that hard copy is a good idea if your phone fails but I often take screenshots of tickets rather than to access emails.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    100% Mr P. Choice. Options. Make it easy and cover all bases. I'm big on accessible options (and not charging stupid prices for offering hard copies) and you're right about the battery dying. Nightmare scenario.

A few seasons ago both mine and my wife's season tickets were flakey whenever we went to a match. The dreaded, 'computer says no'. Sometimes both of ours, sometimes just one which would prevent us from entering. For big matches, there was a queue and we'd then have to go to the ticket office and get it sorted. No one at the gate could let us in. It caused big problems for me as my wife is my carer so both of us had to fight our way through the crowds (me on crutches). Small things can significantly help those who need them as not all severely disabled people are in wheelchairs or look disabled.

And yup, we're supporters first and foremost and football clubs are now in the habit of exploiting our loyalty.