There is a guy who on odd occasion appear in my local. He's a jack and because of his manner rather than his allegiances he is generally disliked. I dislike him for 2 reason. The first is that when he had on where to stay in Cardiff for a couple of weeks he was offered a room in the home of one of our locals. He was still there 4 months later and never offered a penny towards the upkeep of the house. When he was eventually ejected, with no shame he kept coming back to the pub as if nothing had happened. He was a filthy git and on one weekend he was drinking in the pub on a friday night and scrounged a bad on another mates sofa. He was there until the Monday and spent all weekend in the pub, wearing the same clothes and never washing.
He used to stare at me all the time because I never spoke to him and he noticed. He wanted to be one of the locals. One day he asked me if I had a problem with him and when I said no he raised his hand up in the high five position. I just looked up at it and carried on drinking. He gestured with it and looked at my hand on the bar but I ignored him. He said "well?" I asked him what and he said "High 5 me!" I said, "I don't do high 5's I think they're stupid, I don't know what they're about, i think they're embarrassing." By now everyone was looking at him and he had to lower his hand and turn away. He never spoke to me again. Happily I haven't seen him for over a year.