+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 25 minute half times with entertainment?

25 minute half times with entertainment?

Re: 25 minute half times with entertainment?

Wembley finals would be ok, isn't something I'd particularly want as a fan there to see a match but it's also not going to overly bother me.

It would bother me if it's put in place at every match though (obviously without the entertainment) as we would have another 10 minutes of Bartley racing against a recycling bin.

“Just nipping down to grab a pie”
    “Be quick, Adele and Bono’s duet is up next”

I wouldn’t mind some entertainment the 45 minutes before and the 45 minutes after half time

Half time in the champions league final or the world cup final at a push and even then I'm not keen. You are there to see football, not watch some singer you probably don't like prancing about on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Half time in the champions league final or the world cup final at a push and even then I'm not keen. You are there to see football, not watch some singer you probably don't like prancing about on stage.
    I wouldn't be keen on another synchronised performance of NHS beds.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I wouldn’t mind some entertainment the 45 minutes before and the 45 minutes after half time
    You beat me to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I wouldn't be keen on another synchronised performance of NHS beds.
    the Olympics opening ceremony? I actually enjoyed that

What would be the point? It's not like attendances at finals are low and need a boost

You're there to watch football, not Ed Sheeran

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    the Olympics opening ceremony? I actually enjoyed that
    We are all God's children, old fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I'd be perfectly content with this for big finals, semi finals etc tbh.

I wonder how the players feel about hanging around for an extra ten minutes whilst Jedward flounce around with the Cheeky Girls.*

*Yes, I know I'm out of touch regarding popular culture

How many are old enough to remember the Saturdays when you’d watch Grandstand or World of Sport until twenty to five when the first results from the three o clock kick offs would start coming in? You’d get forty five minutes each way.and ten minutes for half time then and it’s still exactly the same game, yet it takes fifteen to twenty minutes longer these days, why?

I wonder how the players feel about hanging around for an extra ten minutes whilst Jedward flounce around with the Cheeky Girls.*

*Yes, I know I'm out of touch regarding popular culture
    Who would we get at the CCS?

They've had local bands play before Wales matches before, but not in the middle. I remember the Manics playing before we beat Italy. I think they stopped it after Goldie Lookin Chain were rude about Beckham's wife.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    How many are old enough to remember the Saturdays when you’d watch Grandstand or World of Sport until twenty to five when the first results from the three o clock kick offs would start coming in? You’d get forty five minutes each way.and ten minutes for half time then and it’s still exactly the same game, yet it takes fifteen to twenty minutes longer these days, why?
    Injury time. You rarely had any at half time. In the second half, you'd be lucky if there was any more than a couple of minutes added on despite 3 players being stretchered off in separate incidents and a 10 minute pitch invasion.

Back in the mid 90s, before the announcment of how long injury time would be, I remember Newcastle, who were top of the Prem, getting an equaliser in something like the 4th minute of injury time against Chelsea in the FA cup. There were comments suggesting it was similar to Fergie time, where Man Utd seemed to enjoy lots of injury time. In one paper, though, I read a comment from a top ref of the time backing the amount of injury time in the game concerned and said it should have been longer, giving reasons.

Some refs will add on time in injury time if a team makes a substitution or wastes time, scores a goal etc. Injury time management is much better than it was, though it seems to be commonplace that a side getting thrashed will only have to contend with 2 mins of injury time at the most even if there had been a mass brawl between the players that required 6 ambulances on the pitch.

Would an extra 5 minutes at half time stop some from going to the bars so early?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Who would we get at the CCS?

They've had local bands play before Wales matches before, but not in the middle. I remember the Manics playing before we beat Italy. I think they stopped it after Goldie Lookin Chain were rude about Beckham's wife.
    One would hope that 'wardrobe malfunctions' could be avoided by any artistes performing at half-time on those Tuesday evening games in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Would an extra 5 minutes at half time stop some from going to the bars so early?
    That wouldn't stop, they'd just ram in another pint with the extra 5 minutes.

One would hope that 'wardrobe malfunctions' could be avoided by any artistes performing at half-time on those Tuesday evening games in January.
    It would be a way of gauging the popularity of entertainers.

"Let's look at who is performing where on tonight's midweek soccer special on Sky. Anfield is where you want to be to catch Lewis Capaldi, while Peter Kay is at Northwich Victoria where some fans have raised a fiver to cover his fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    True. Now there's a thought if the game is shit!

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Isn't that a generalisation and disparaging to boot? Not everyone who partakes of pint of beer at half-time behaves the same way.

It would be a way of gauging the popularity of entertainers.

"Let's look at who is performing where on tonight's midweek soccer special on Sky. Anfield is where you want to be to catch Lewis Capaldi, while Peter Kay is at Northwich Victoria where some fans have raised a fiver to cover his fee.
    It's the strippers in deep mid-winter that I would feel sorry for.

It's the strippers in deep mid-winter that I would feel sorry for.
    You wouldn't miss their 10" nipples!

You wouldn't miss their 10" nipples!
    Subtlety is your friend, old fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So true. And back then, Bob, you didn't have referees taking 70 seconds over an ordinary free kick outside the box and over 90 seconds if a booking was included. Also it didn't take over a minute to restart a game after a goal and goalkeepers taking an age over goalkicks etc. Tan's Chinese dragon interlude at half time was bad enough and 15 minutes is more than ample.

StT.
    <><