+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BBC In Spotlight Again Covid Exaggeration

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: BBC In Spotlight Again Covid Exaggeration

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    So, what you’re saying is anyone with a different opinion to you are fools then. Clearly at the time that is what you and many others thought ( and they were easy targets) but it became obvious that the same critical thinking crowds views are now becoming increasingly prevalent among the silent majority.
    Deal with it.
    Again, putting words in my mouth - what I'm saying is the world was a completely different place four years ago and some people are making no allowance for that as they, first, ignore all of the stuff they were getting wrong at that time and then say I told you so when the inevitable consequences of policies thought up and decisions taken on the hoof while people all over the world were dying of a new disease become apparent further down the line. You and others like you seem to believe that anyone who doesn't share your opinions were incapable of seeing that there could be prices to be paid for the measures used to control Covid when it first hit, a time when doing nothing was not an option, are unthinking morons prepared to accept anything they're told by their Governments - they're not, but most were prepared to accept that drastic measures were required at the time Covid first hit the UK and the rest of Europe.

Re: BBC In Spotlight Again Covid Exaggeration

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Again, putting words in my mouth - what I'm saying is the world was a completely different place four years ago and some people are making no allowance for that as they, first, ignore all of the stuff they were getting wrong at that time and then say I told you so when the inevitable consequences of policies thought up and decisions taken on the hoof while people all over the world were dying of a new disease become apparent further down the line. You and others like you seem to believe that anyone who doesn't share your opinions were incapable of seeing that there could be prices to be paid for the measures used to control Covid when it first hit, a time when doing nothing was not an option, are unthinking morons prepared to accept anything they're told by their Governments - they're not, but most were prepared to accept that drastic measures were required at the time Covid first hit the UK and the rest of Europe.
    It was obvious to some when the leading political figures involved (Ferguson and Cummings) broke the rules. They would have known about the consequences of their actions and the repercussions for their families and colleagues health by doing so , yet they didn’t feel they were in danger.

The fact that PCR positivity alone (or other tests) in symptomatic people without any reference to viral load or the properties of the test were all classed as Covid only shows why people were sceptical.We will probably never know what else was circulating at the time, it could have been flu or something similar.

At the end of 2022, over 6.5 billion SARs-CoV-2 tests were done worldwide, pretty close to a test for everyone on the planet if you count all discarded. The US had done over a billion, the highest of any country; the UK, half a billion. Such use, on an industrial scale, is unprecedented and has helped distort perceptions..