+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BBC licence fee no more.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: BBC licence fee no more.

The point is no one in this day and age should be forced to fund the BBC against there will. You have to pay a license fee even if you never watch the BBC and just watch Netflix and Amazon Prime. It is anachronistic in the 21st century to have a state funded TV Chanel even if some people think it is wonderful. It should be funded in the same way as Netfilx and other subscription channels. If the BBC is so wonderful it will survive and prosper as Netflix does.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    The point is no one in this day and age should be forced to fund the BBC against there will. You have to pay a license fee even if you never watch the BBC and just watch Netflix and Amazon Prime. It is anachronistic in the 21st century to have a state funded TV Chanel even if some people think it is wonderful. It should be funded in the same way as Netfilx and other subscription channels. If the BBC is so wonderful it will survive and prosper as Netflix does.
    NO YOU DONT!

Comparing NETFLIX output with the BBC is ludicrous.

Just under 44p a day, just to have no adverts alone it’s well worth it, not to mention Popmaster. Anyone else get frustrated when tired late at night watching commercial tv? You’re desperate to see the end of a programme but those bloody adverts just drag it out, I’d gladly lob in 50p (6p over) to watch uninterrupted

You have to pay a license fee even if you never watch the BBC and just watch Netflix and Amazon Prime. .
    This is just flat out wrong, incorrect, lies, not true. Why say it?

https://www.radiotimes.com/technolog...0BBC%20iPlayer.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    This is just flat out wrong, incorrect, lies, not true. Why say it?

https://www.radiotimes.com/technolog...0BBC%20iPlayer.
    No it's not flat out wrong as the article points out if I watch ITV Channel four or Sky I still have to pay the BBC for the privilege even if I never watch the BBC.

No it's not flat out wrong as the article points out if I watch ITV Channel four or Sky I still have to pay the BBC for the privilege even if I never watch the BBC.
    It's just a tax. People pay taxes for all sorts of things they don't use. I like schools. Refuse collection. And some roads. I don't like prisons, but I'd rather they were taxpayer funded than privately owned.