+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If we appoint Michael Flynn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: If we appoint Michael Flynn

So would people feel better about Flynn if he had managed Crawley?

Don’t get it myself, yes he was only a manager at Newport, but he was that club’s most successful since Len Ashurst in the late seventies/early eighties for me.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So would people feel better about Flynn if he had managed Crawley?

Don’t get it myself, yes he was only a manager at Newport, but he was that club’s most successful since Len Ashurst in the late seventies/early eighties for me.

Would you prefer Flynn to Morrison ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Would you prefer Flynn to Morrison ?
    I'd prefer Beale, but would not be too bothered about Flynn or Morison being appointed. My one worry with Morison would be that we're reading too much into not a great deal of experience at Under 23 level and one game at senior level. In his favour, I'd say we looked far more of a threat going forward at Stoke and I liked the lack of hoofball, but, I'd didn't see any improvement in our defending or in our closing down of players within thirty yards of goal - I would have thought these would have been a priority for any one taking over from McCarthy.

I'd prefer Beale, but would not be too bothered about Flynn or Morison being appointed. My one worry with Morison would be that we're reading too much into not a great deal of experience at Under 23 level and one game at senior level. In his favour, I'd say we looked far more of a threat going forward at Stoke and I liked the lack of hoofball, but, I'd didn't see any improvement in our defending or in our closing down of players within thirty yards of goal - I would have thought these would have been a priority for any one taking over from McCarthy.
    I agree. There were still far too many bad habits. If the goalie hadn't blundered, perhaps we would have lost 5-0 who knows. If we lose tomorrow this clamour for Morison may die down. I hope he goes from strength to strength but way too early to be calling for him to take the job.

Give Morrison the job till xmas. We will know by then if he has improved the squad enough.