+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Max Watters

Max Watters

Anyone know where he is? Injured?

Seems odd to pay a reported 1m for a striker that's for the youth team.

Re: Max Watters

I thought he played u23 in the week and scored.

What's what with Watters?

Not tall enough

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I thought he played u23 in the week and scored.
    I believe he did but you would think a 1m signing would be bench worthy?
    Brown played in the same game.

The game he came on against Luton as a sub, he looked like a player who was released by Doncaster Rovers.

Which he was, last Summer.

Again dumb and dumber.

But Lee Tomlin posts deleted.

Get the impression Mick doesn’t fancy him. Seems a pointless signing along with Jonny Williams too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Get the impression Mick doesn’t fancy him. Seems a pointless signing along with Jonny Williams too.
    Yeah the same but then I'm not sure he fitted with Harris "style" either so not sure where the idea of this signing came from other than the fact we needed a striker.

Seems odd when money was and is so tight.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Anyone know where he is? Injured?

Seems odd to pay a reported 1m for a striker that's for the youth team.
    I hear it was more like 100K than £1m. You must have been listening to *****. He scored 2 goals for the u23’s last week.

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    He scored 2 goals for the u23’s last week.
    And still couldn't get in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    And still couldn't get in the squad.
    Apparently the signing was made by the board without any agreement from Harris

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Apparently the signing was made by the board without any agreement from Harris
    'Apparently'?

That isn't the way Harris described the signing in the days after it happened, when he certainly agreed with it (even if someone else in the club identified the player for consideration).

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    I hear it was more like 100K than £1m. You must have been listening to *****. He scored 2 goals for the u23’s last week.
    It's widely reported on pretty much every news outlet that it was a reported 1m. Now that could be massively based on add ons but so are most deals.
    I have little inside knowledge so can only go on what's reported, a 100k gamble would certainly make more sense. I'm aware he scored two earlier in the week which is why I question how he doesn't make the bench. I guess MM thinks Harris is better option.

It's widely reported on pretty much every news outlet that it was a reported 1m. Now that could be massively based on add ons but so are most deals.
    I have little inside knowledge so can only go on what's reported, a 100k gamble would certainly make more sense. I'm aware he scored two earlier in the week which is why I question how he doesn't make the bench. I guess MM thinks Harris is better option.
    I read £1m in pretty much every news outlet.

Not heard £100k anywhere.

He's one for future really. Let's see how he goes next season onwards and anything out of him this year is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    He's one for future really. Let's see how he goes next season onwards and anything out of him this year is a bonus.
    I agree, certainly no need to write him off, he clearly knows how to find the back of the net.

Would you care to share your little inside knowledge? It's more than most of us have?