+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Disillusioned

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Disillusioned

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Whaaat? You only been disillusioned once before? Are you kidding me....how long have you followed us? This is what ccfc do...pain
    But this feels a bit different, in my opinion anyway. We've had some fantastic opportunities to kick on in recent years, but what seemed obvious to most fans most certainly didn't to those at the top of the club. Gone up twice, ****ed it up twice, and now, seemingly, being left behind in progressive terms. There does seem to be an air of 'What now' amongst the support, or certainly on this forum. Our disregard for youth development, appalling transfer policy that has seen us employ off the shelf, limited work horses has seen us fall behind (in terms of development) most championship clubs. Our inability to improve players is a concern, or even develop potential from lower down the system is why there's a feeling of despondency in my opinion.

The sacking of Harris could've created the option for someone to make a brave decision, with risk, but a decision that i think most fans would've taken and understood. Once again, the boys in charge shit it and we have a manager who bases the game on the limitations of his players instead of the positives, same as Warnock really. The sad thing is, that as a fan base, we are also reluctant to any huge change due to the way the club operates, our style of play and the transfer policy. A fear of getting better because it might get much worse. That's no way to watch your football.

Re: Disillusioned

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    But this feels a bit different, in my opinion anyway. We've had some fantastic opportunities to kick on in recent years, but what seemed obvious to most fans most certainly didn't to those at the top of the club. Gone up twice, ****ed it up twice, and now, seemingly, being left behind in progressive terms. There does seem to be an air of 'What now' amongst the support, or certainly on this forum. Our disregard for youth development, appalling transfer policy that has seen us employ off the shelf, limited work horses has seen us fall behind (in terms of development) most championship clubs. Our inability to improve players is a concern, or even develop potential from lower down the system is why there's a feeling of despondency in my opinion.

The sacking of Harris could've created the option for someone to make a brave decision, with risk, but a decision that i think most fans would've taken and understood. Once again, the boys in charge shit it and we have a manager who bases the game on the limitations of his players instead of the positives, same as Warnock really. The sad thing is, that as a fan base, we are also reluctant to any huge change due to the way the club operates, our style of play and the transfer policy. A fear of getting better because it might get much worse. That's no way to watch your football.
    I was hoping for a Bellamy and focus on youth policy, possibly with a refreshing style of football. Maybe he wouldn’t come? Who can blame him.