+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Harris (a wee rant, sorry)

Re: Harris (a wee rant, sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Was also thinking of that recently.

StT.
    <><
    All wingers become midfield players when the opposition have the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's because he doesn't fancy it. He's only being asked to get a bit tighter and to make the opposition player think a bit, narrow his options. He's not interested in my opinion.
    You may be right. We can't know what's in his mind and you could understand him being a bit pissed off after being asked to cover another position for so long and looking like a donkey as a result.
    I do still think that the closer he crowds his man when it's not his thing, the more he'll be left sitting on his arse in the corner with a winger running free into space.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    You may be right. We can't know what's in his mind and you could understand him being a bit pissed off after being asked to cover another position for so long and looking like a donkey as a result.
    I do still think that the closer he crowds his man when it's not his thing, the more he'll be left sitting on his arse in the corner with a winger running free into space.
    Fair shout, you could well be right

Bacuna has played at right back in the Premier League for Villa - according to Wikipedia “he impressed many in his debut season for the Villains despite constantly playing out of position at right back”. I believe he was playing there when he scored against us in 13/14 and so it’s a bit surprising that he’s found it such a struggle in recent weeks, although, as mentioned previously during a commentary on the club website, his wandering out of position might partially be down to instructions to push into midfield if we’re chasing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Read the op.

Its an attack on the manager calling him an odious coward and weve had awful managers but not like him.

Jones attack on Matthews in my opinion was a lot worse so thought id point that out.

By the way I dont think Jones was an odious coward it was just the wrong thing to do especially with his bunch of under achievers.

I thought that Dave Jones was well out of order the way he treated Matthews. I disliked his attitude while at the club. Ask the kitchen staff at the club, he was arrogant and thought he was too good to be at cardiff. He also should have gotten us promoted with probably one of the most talented teams we have ever seen at city.

However, despite my dislike of Jones as a person and his appalling Matthews criticism, Jones did show signs of self reflection on occasions when we had a bad run. Harris seems incapable of that and his default setting is to blame anyone other than himself.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I thought that Dave Jones was well out of order the way he treated Matthews. I disliked his attitude while at the club. Ask the kitchen staff at the club, he was arrogant and thought he was too good to be at cardiff. He also should have gotten us promoted with probably one of the most talented teams we have ever seen at city.

However, despite my dislike of Jones as a person and his appalling Matthews criticism, Jones did show signs of self reflection on occasions when we had a bad run. Harris seems incapable of that and his default setting is to blame anyone other than himself.
    Dave Jones' disagreements with the late Steve Tucker were common knowledge, but Tucker later published a long and frank letter that Jones had sent him after he left Cardiff in which he admitted to being too quick to bite back when Tucker wrote something he disagreed with. It showed a side of Jones that we never saw while he was at Cardiff and I've often thought that the false allegations he had to face which led to him losing the Southampton job must have had an impact on him in his dealings with the media - it would hardly be a surprise if it made him defensive and suspicious of the press and played a part in the whole "surly scouser" thing.

In saying that, I can't ever remember Dave Jones being a barrel of laughs while he was Stockport manager, so maybe I'm reading too much into things. I've heard that Elis James podcast discussion about Adam Matthews and Gabbs was, mildly, critical of him, but I don't see that justifies what his manager said about the teenager following his own goal at Ipswich - as has been mentioned, there were more senior members of the squad whose behaviour left much to be desired and, seemingly, nothing was said to them by the manager.

Quite simply I think the players are not enjoying the way we play, train, etc... Going to work us not fun and it shows in their performance. That's down to the manager and coaches.
    Sadly my initial feelings about Harris when he was appointed ( I was surprised last season and said maybe I was wrong when he got us to 5th.) seemed to have been proven correct.
    On the right back situation, why didn't we try and pick up Chris Gunter? Yes, He couldn't be guaranteed a start but he could cover right across the back having seen him play right, centre and left back for Wales also with his experience and knowing the Welsh players would have surely been an asset?

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Quite simply I think the players are not enjoying the way we play, train, etc... Going to work us not fun and it shows in their performance. That's down to the manager and coaches.
    Sadly my initial feelings about Harris when he was appointed ( I was surprised last season and said maybe I was wrong when he got us to 5th.) seemed to have been proven correct.
    On the right back situation, why didn't we try and pick up Chris Gunter? Yes, He couldn't be guaranteed a start but he could cover right across the back having seen him play right, centre and left back for Wales also with his experience and knowing the Welsh players would have surely been an asset?
    Maybe there was no money for an ageing full back particularly as cover.