+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wrexham touring United States in July

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wrexham touring United States in July

I think this could potentially be a rare slip up from R+R.

I’m not sure how I’d feel if I were a Wrexham fan and seeing the ownership catering so heavily towards American bandwagon fans who a year ago couldn’t pinpoint Wales on a map.
    If they’re playing 4 games in the states it’s probably unlikely they’ll do more than 1 friendly at home. If that ends up being Chesterfield or Shrewsbury or someone like that I’d be a bit miffed.

There’s already been a few fractures between the original Wrexham fans and the new American fan base online.

I think there’s a line the owners could cross where Wrexham get seen as a bit of America’s plaything.

Re: Wrexham touring United States in July

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I think this could potentially be a rare slip up from R+R.

I’m not sure how I’d feel if I were a Wrexham fan and seeing the ownership catering so heavily towards American bandwagon fans who a year ago couldn’t pinpoint Wales on a map.
    If they’re playing 4 games in the states it’s probably unlikely they’ll do more than 1 friendly at home. If that ends up being Chesterfield or Shrewsbury or someone like that I’d be a bit miffed.

There’s already been a few fractures between the original Wrexham fans and the new American fan base online.

I think there’s a line the owners could cross where Wrexham get seen as a bit of America’s plaything.
    I completely agree.