Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
In my view they are overpaid and will always want more by holding passengers to ransom, any group of people who call a 27 day strike must be financially well set ,earning far more than the ordinary people trying to get a train to work.

Denise Coates, head of gambling empire Bet365, was Britain’s biggest taxpayer last year, according to the annual Sunday Times Tax List.

She and her family paid an estimated £276m.
She's like a reverse robin hood, she takes from the poor and gives to the government. Very noble.

Let's compare apples with apples though. Denise's income tax was around 130 million of her estimated 12 billion net worth. Your train driver will have paid around 25k income tax so unless his net worth is circa 2.3 million he will have made a larger tax contribution in terms of his net worth, all while not destroying the social fabric of the country. Magical.

So, your assessment is that every train driver is 'overpaid'. Do you think Denise Coates is 'overpaid'?

Also, I am still waiting for you to show me any evidence of a train guard earning 55k. Part of me gets the obsession you have with train drivers, they earn a good wage for doing something you perceive to be easy. Train guards earn like 30k. You can't bring yourself to criticise somebody for taking home 300 million earned primarily by preying on vulnerability but that ****ing train guard earning the average wage is a right bastard because he went on strike to preserve their working conditions.