+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mr Bates V's the Post Office

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Mr Bates V's the Post Office

Shocking that the Post Office continued to prosecute when the numbers of similar cases continued to increase.
    And still paying the compensation due is being dragged out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Shocking that the Post Office continued to prosecute when the numbers of similar cases continued to increase.
    They hope to clear it by August 24

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    They hope to clear it by August 24
    Talk is - 2 weeks there will legislation on the floor of the commons. I personally think there will be 1 test case - with no evidence being offered by the prosecution and all subsequent cases then dropped. Govt cant be seen to be interfering with the law - but implicit intent is clear.

Then there will come the counter claims. Fujitsu got a massive contract handed to them as part of the NHS Npfit program under Gordon Brown. The largest IT project failure in Europe if not globally. 6 billion on the project that over ran to 9 billion - before being scrapped by Cameron / Clegg in 2010. Fujitsu were removed from the project along with Accenture.
    That's why large scale public sector contracts never work - they are simply to wide , too much scope and not enough responsible people to care. As they know the Govt will usually either walk away - or bail them out.
    I worked on part of that project - for another IT contractor - the difference - we delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    they haven't struggled to pay a dividend to their shareholders over the intervening years i see

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    they haven't struggled to pay a dividend to their shareholders over the intervening years i see
    isn't HMG the owner?