+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAW facing a dilemma over Giggs.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FAW facing a dilemma over Giggs.

Common assault (section 39, Criminal Justice Act 1988)

International

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    Common assault (section 39, Criminal Justice Act 1988)
    See above your post!

As I understand it he has not been charged with anything as the file is with the CPS. Currently police bail can only be for a maximum of 28 days so it will expire and he may be re-bailed repeatedly until a CPS decision. He may also be re-interviewed throughout the process until he has been "under arrest" for 24 hours in total.
    I think there is now supposed to be a 6 month limit on the bail process before CPS HAS to make a decision, or apply to court for any further extension for their process. Not sure though as they have tried to change the process over recent years to make it "fairer" on anyone facing any allegations.

Well he has put the FAW in a shit position, as well as the players his staff and the supporters. He should step down from his position while he deals with personal issues, instead of dragging us all down with him, guilty or not.

Is Coleman working atm? I would bring him back in.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Well he has put the FAW in a shit position, as well as the players his staff and the supporters. He should step down from his position while he deals with personal issues, instead of dragging us all down with him, guilty or not.

Is Coleman working atm? I would bring him back in.
    The game Wales play has changed significantly since Coleman left so he's no longer a genuine option.

24th of March to end of 30th of March probably goes a long way to determining whether we've got an international tournament starting in June and six key games in 2021 or whether we've got an international tournament and our next key games are in March 2022. I'd back Page to manage the two key games in March 2021 and that should also give time for chief executive stuff to be sorted out as well as charges against Giggs to either being dropped or not well before June.

If charges against Giggs aren't dropped by mid April then think he needs to step down one way or another.

International

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    The game Wales play has changed significantly since Coleman left so he's no longer a genuine option.

24th of March to end of 30th of March probably goes a long way to determining whether we've got an international tournament starting in June and six key games in 2021 or whether we've got an international tournament and our next key games are in March 2022. I'd back Page to manage the two key games in March 2021 and that should also give time for chief executive stuff to be sorted out as well as charges against Giggs to either being dropped or not well before June.

If charges against Giggs aren't dropped by mid April then think he needs to step down one way or another.
    If he is being remanded for Crown Court he could wait 3 years for a hearing in the present climate. If it is magistrates I can't see why they bailed him again.