+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pack Leaving

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Pack Leaving

If Flint does leave, how many clubs let their top scorer walk away after their contract has expired?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If Flint does leave, how many clubs let their top scorer walk away after their contract has expired?
    I expect that Blackburn will be this season

edit- actually it seems that Blackburn have a year option

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Barcelona and Messi
    Real Madrid and Ronaldo

Good luck to him. Problems arise with players like Pack when they're asked to do things that they quite clearly can't, and probably never have. I'm not bigging him up too much, but he did have some ability, a decent touch and a bit of vision. Those were not the qualities prioritised by our managers during Pack's time at the club. Pack plays across the line, a pivot between defence and attack. What chance did he really have?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Good luck to him. Problems arise with players like Pack when they're asked to do things that they quite clearly can't, and probably never have. I'm not bigging him up too much, but he did have some ability, a decent touch and a bit of vision. Those were not the qualities prioritised by our managers during Pack's time at the club. Pack plays across the line, a pivot between defence and attack. What chance did he really have?
    Yeah good point

But also you could see his speed of thought was quicker than his ability to deliver the outcome. Too often his passes got telegraphed or he got caught in possession trying to deliver. As you and others said needed players and manager on a different wavelength but you do wonder whether players like Pack who take a ball under control, take a touch and look up have had their day compared with those encouraged to move the ball quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    But also you could see his speed of thought was quicker than his ability to deliver the outcome. Too often his passes got telegraphed or he got caught in possession trying to deliver. As you and others said needed players and manager on a different wavelength but you do wonder whether players like Pack who take a ball under control, take a touch and look up have had their day compared with those encouraged to move the ball quickly.
    Yup, we seem to be moving towards a quicker, higher Tempo style of football. (in general) I didn't rate Pack that highly, i just believed that whatever attributes he did possess were never really utilised, although you make a good point about his ponderous style of play. Wasn't he a Warnock signing? odd one that.

Yup, we seem to be moving towards a quicker, higher Tempo style of football. (in general) I didn't rate Pack that highly, i just believed that whatever attributes he did possess were never really utilised, although you make a good point about his ponderous style of play. Wasn't he a Warnock signing? odd one that.
    I think he was a Warnock deadline day signing. I'm sure Pack wasn't going to sniff at a lucrative three year contract. What Warnock was thinking is a bit more elusive!