+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: IF Drakeford says...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: IF Drakeford says...

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think we would very much be aligned to them.

However I dont think Englands rules would be what they are.
    It's quite an interesting thing to ponder. Of course, all hypothetical, but if we did have a Labour govt during the pandemic it would have been one run by Jeremy Corbyn.

It's interesting to think about how he would have handled it. I dont think it would have been radically different, but I think he would have been a bit overawed, and I think we would have stuck to the EMA vaccine roll out, and I wonder if he would have been so open to working with the private sector on procurement and involvement with the NHS etc?

In terms of restrictions, whatever else Corbyn may be, he isnt really an authoritarian. I think he has a strong liberal streak, and is more like Johnson than Drakeford in that respect. I also think he would have recognised the mental wellbeing issues caused by it all and not sought to keep us locked down for longer than necessary.

My suspicion with Drakeford is that he is using this as a bit of a political power play. That is undoubtedly the case with Sturgeon, and I think it is to a lesser extent for Drakeford. In some cases he's just keen to do some things differently so he can claim to have done so and that devolution is working etc etc.

I also sense deep inside he quite enjoys the power, whereas Johnson, reckless as he is, at least feels embarrased to take our freedoms.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It's quite an interesting thing to ponder. Of course, all hypothetical, but if we did have a Labour govt during the pandemic it would have been one run by Jeremy Corbyn.

It's interesting to think about how he would have handled it. I dont think it would have been radically different, but I think he would have been a bit overawed, and I think we would have stuck to the EMA vaccine roll out, and I wonder if he would have been so open to working with the private sector on procurement and involvement with the NHS etc?

In terms of restrictions, whatever else Corbyn may be, he isnt really an authoritarian. I think he has a strong liberal streak, and is more like Johnson than Drakeford in that respect. I also think he would have recognised the mental wellbeing issues caused by it all and not sought to keep us locked down for longer than necessary.

My suspicion with Drakeford is that he is using this as a bit of a political power play. That is undoubtedly the case with Sturgeon, and I think it is to a lesser extent for Drakeford. In some cases he's just keen to do some things differently so he can claim to have done so and that devolution is working etc etc.

I also sense deep inside he quite enjoys the power, whereas Johnson, reckless as he is, at least feels embarrased to take our freedoms.
    Your last point has made me laugh. Boris getting all angst about the thought of taking away personal freedoms by asking people to wear a face mask on public transport, whilst his government bring in The Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill and rip up the Human Rights Act.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Your last point has made me laugh. Boris getting all angst about the thought of taking away personal freedoms by asking people to wear a face mask on public transport, whilst his government bring in The Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill and rip up the Human Rights Act.

I give up Jordi. I started a thread about this which hardly registered but a Covid conspiracy theory or Drakeford character assassination thread will go for 20 odd pages. I used to find this stuff funny but now it just depresses me. I'll stick to watching us play to improve the mood. Oh, wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I give up Jordi. I started a thread about this which hardly registered but a Covid conspiracy theory or Drakeford character assassination thread will go for 20 odd pages. I used to find this stuff funny but now it just depresses me. I'll stick to watching us play to improve the mood. Oh, wait!
    Use these type of threads for what they are butt. Entertainment and identifying absolute whoppers.

There's some fantastic hypocrisy on display or are some people really as dull as dog shiit?

I'm not nuanced enough obviously?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Use these type of threads for what they are butt. Entertainment and identifying absolute whoppers.

There's some fantastic hypocrisy on display or are some people really as dull as dog shiit?

I'm not nuanced enough obviously?
    Good advice mate! I started playing a drinking game where every time I read a mutation of the name Drakeford I took a shot. Three pages later I'd downed a bottle of Smirnoff!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Good advice mate! I started playing a drinking game where every time I read a mutation of the name Drakeford I took a shot. Three pages later I'd downed a bottle of Smirnoff!
    What’s your favourite one? Kim jong Drakeford is mine

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    What’s your favourite one? Kim jong Drakeford is mine
    Oh, they're so clever and witty it's hard to pick a winner I can only play the game with the cheap own brand stuff now anyway. I've been priced out.