+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rabbi Matondo to Stoke

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Rabbi Matondo to Stoke

Can safely say we dodged a bullet here.

Would have been a waste of money we didn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Can safely say we dodged a bullet here.

Would have been a waste of money we didn't have.
    I don't know why people are still so quick to write him off.
    he's still only 20 - that's younger than Sang or Harris, still plenty of time to fulfill his potential. people being legitimate top level players at that age are still the exception Esther than the rule.
    I've seen enough of him for Wales to suggest that there is a player in there, it'll probably just take the right team for him to be able to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    he's still only 20 - that's younger than Sang or Harris, still plenty of time to fulfill his potential. people being legitimate top level players at that age are still the exception Esther than the rule.
    I've seen enough of him for Wales to suggest that there is a player in there, it'll probably just take the right team for him to be able to shine.
    I'd agree with that.

I'm not sure I have seen the same things.

I see much the same as I do when he plays for Schalke.
    Bags of pace but footballing sense and ability to utilise that pace when he gets into dangerous positions is sadly lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I'm not sure I have seen the same things.

I see much the same as I do when he plays for Schalke.
    Bags of pace but footballing sense and ability to utilise that pace when he gets into dangerous positions is sadly lacking.
    I've seen him looking comfortable on the ball, when under pressure, pressing really well himself, working very hard and he is very quick.
    could possibly do with a bit more physical strength but that may still come.
    of course we all want to see him terrorising the opposing defence every time he gets the ball, and some greater physical strength would probably help with that, if you watch the way someone like Adama Traore or Mo Salah shrug off players but it's worth remembering that neither of those players were anything like they are today at the age of 20. salah's uninspiring time at Chelsea was when he was 22-24 and at 20 Traore joined Aston Villa and did basically nothing.

for every Erling Haaland, Michael Owen or Wayne Rooney who are legit players as teenagers there are many many more who don't fully develop until early to mid 20s .

I've seen him looking comfortable on the ball, when under pressure, pressing really well himself, working very hard and he is very quick.
    of course we all want to see him terrorising the opposing defence every time he gets the ball, and some greater physical strength would probably help with that, if you watch the way someone like Adama Traore or Mo Salah shrug off players but it's worth remembering that neither of those players were anything like they are today at the age of 20. salah's uninspiring time at Chelsea was when he was 22-24 and at 20 Traore joined Aston Villa and did basically nothing.

for every Erling Haaland, Michael Owen or Wayne Rooney who are legit players as teenagers there are many many more who don't fully develop until early to mid 20s .
    Gareth Bale was still a cursed left back when he was 20

Totally agree with you. Some players develop later than others.

Let's not lose sight of the fact though that this thread was discussing the issue of taking him on loan this season though. He can't get in the Stoke team.