+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Next Summer Transfer Window Critical

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Next Summer Transfer Window Critical

I think it's time for them all to go but that's difficult. It also depends on where we end up. We've only played 5 games and only Flint (because of his goals) has really shone so far. If these players are out of contract next June then they need to play really well for the shirt and for the rest of the season and really show some passion on the park.

If Morrison stays (and he needs to be playing well and not get injured to be offered a new contract) then I want to see the captaincy go to another player. If Moore is with us, I'd give it to him as an incentive to get more involved and give us a fresh start and approach.

It could be between Flint & Morrison depending on how they play for the rest of the season.

I want a fresh start now and don't believe in keeping players on for their glory days. I don't like keeping players on who've been in relegation sides either - certainly not this long but we've had no choice which is why, today, I'd pick Flint instead of Morrison.

Fresh faces, fresh manager (I wish), a fresh approach built around our home-growns. Get a couple of players in that'll get the crowd excited FFS and put bums on seats.

Buy 2 and get 3 loanees (even though I don't like loanees but I think the way the club is going we'll have to do it this way).

I'd be ruthless. Let's see where we end up and how these players are performing by January. Tomlin's the biggest no-brainer to lose right now out of the list and I love(d) Tomlin as a player but he has to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I think it's time for them all to go but that's difficult. It also depends on where we end up. We've only played 5 games and only Flint (because of his goals) has really shone so far. If these players are out of contract next June then they need to play really well for the shirt and for the rest of the season and really show some passion on the park.

If Morrison stays (and he needs to be playing well and not get injured to be offered a new contract) then I want to see the captaincy go to another player. If Moore is with us, I'd give it to him as an incentive to get more involved and give us a fresh start and approach.

It could be between Flint & Morrison depending on how they play for the rest of the season.

I want a fresh start now and don't believe in keeping players on for their glory days. I don't like keeping players on who've been in relegation sides either - certainly not this long but we've had no choice which is why, today, I'd pick Flint instead of Morrison.

Fresh faces, fresh manager (I wish), a fresh approach built around our home-growns. Get a couple of players in that'll get the crowd excited FFS and put bums on seats.

Buy 2 and get 3 loanees (even though I don't like loanees but I think the way the club is going we'll have to do it this way).

I'd be ruthless. Let's see where we end up and how these players are performing by January. Tomlin's the biggest no-brainer to lose right now out of the list and I love(d) Tomlin as a player but he has to go.
    Tough one between Flint and Morrison, as they are both very good championship central defenders. I'd say Morrison is overall slightly better, but Flint has been better for us in a back 3 .
    Flint will be 33 when it comes time to sign a new contract though, which possibly tilts it towards Morrison for me, as he's a couple of years younger.
    We could offer Morrison a 2 year deal, but I'm not sure a 2 year deal for Flint would be a sensible move as he'd be 35 by the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Tough one between Flint and Morrison, as they are both very good championship central defenders. I'd say Morrison is overall slightly better, but Flint has been better for us in a back 3 .
    Flint will be 33 when it comes time to sign a new contract though, which possibly tilts it towards Morrison for me, as he's a couple of years younger.
    We could offer Morrison a 2 year deal, but I'm not sure a 2 year deal for Flint would be a sensible move as he'd be 35 by the end of it.
    I thought the same thing after I posted and for that reason, I agree it needs to be Morrison over Flint. I agree with WJ99Mobile that's it'll be a bloodbath next summer. It is a precarious season for Cardiff City (I don't mean in terms of relegation) but there's a perfect storm shaping up here for it to be really difficult to kick on for a few seasons. Actually, quite a few seasons. It just feels a bit meh and all the excitement since 17/18 seems to be petering out. Back to reality. I really think we need a couple of players to fire up the fans (and keep the attendances around the 20K mark) and nobody on that list will be able to do that.

I thought the same thing after I posted and for that reason, I agree it needs to be Morrison over Flint. I agree with WJ99Mobile that's it'll be a bloodbath next summer. It is a precarious season for Cardiff City (I don't mean in terms of relegation) but there's a perfect storm shaping up here for it to be really difficult to kick on for a few seasons. Actually, quite a few seasons. It just feels a bit meh and all the excitement since 17/18 seems to be petering out. Back to reality. I really think we need a couple of players to fire up the fans (and keep the attendances around the 20K mark) and nobody on that list will be able to do that.
    I do think we’re not going to be the only club in this situation mind

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    yes the gap between the teams with the parachute payments and those without seems massive now we are on the wrong side of it.
    we need to be a lot better at a lot of things to be able to close that gap, but it is never too late to start making good decisions.

yes the gap between the teams with the parachute payments and those without seems massive now we are on the wrong side of it.
    we need to be a lot better at a lot of things to be able to close that gap, but it is never too late to start making good decisions.
    Yes, I like that mindset.

if only I could apply it to my personal life

Morrison, Ralls, Flint, Pack are all starters with Vaulks as back up in midfield.

If they go they will all need replacing and some of those are top players at this level
    Not as easy as it sounds and we would lose a lot of our goal threat.

Smithies is an excellent keeper, but you can’t have a back up in that money and Tomlin and Murphy will surely go, both are huge talents, but just haven’t done near enough.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Oh for sure. I just hope that Covid hasn't messed up things so much that the PL relegated sides become sure-things for going straight back up because 1. they've got the squads and 2. they've got the parachute payments whilst the rest of the league are struggling forever. The economics of Covid could have already rendered The Championship as a PL MkII. It won't be as competitive outside say, a top 6 clubs and will be very difficult and in most cases (just like the PL) to break through without the money people.

Trouble is, it's further complicated by the FA having no backbone when it comes to FFP regs. being applied fairly.

Oh for sure. I just hope that Covid hasn't messed up things so much that the PL relegated sides become sure-things for going straight back up because 1. they've got the squads and 2. they've got the parachute payments whilst the rest of the league are struggling forever. The economics of Covid could have already rendered The Championship as a PL MkII. It won't be as competitive outside say, a top 6 clubs and will be very difficult and in most cases (just like the PL) to break through without the money people.

Trouble is, it's further complicated by the FA having no backbone when it comes to FFP regs. being applied fairly.
    I think we are already there

I think we are already there
    I didn't want to say that but I did think it :-(