Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
Also without trying to generalise too much, the concept of social distancing is more alien to someone in the valleys in my experience.
Lived in a leafy cardiff suburb for 15 years and can probably count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I went into a neighbours house, been living in a valleys town for a couple of years and everyone here is related to at least 2 other people on the same street, and they are all in and out of each other people's houses all of the time.
That's a fair point, I don't want to fall into stereotyping here, but, in terms of how neighbours behave towards each other, it's much like I remember it being in the 60s and 70s in Cardiff up here. That's a great thing in my view normally, but it may well be one of the factors causing a problem currently. That said, Cardiff, Swansea, Newport and the Vale of Glamorgan are four of those seven Welsh regions that occupy the top eight of the UK infections per 100,000 people ratings and, from what I know, none of them have a similar attitude to the one you describe.