Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
Hard to answer this in a few sentences, it's a very good question. Not being flippant but it's not God's will that children ,or anyone for that matter, should die from prematurely from horrible disease. We are born into a world of suffering and pain, much of it manmade, much of it through our battles with nature and disease. You and I will suffer, have suffered, and the Bible's message is that God shares our pain in this world and offers comfort to those that seek it through him.

I had a very good friend who died as a young adult leaving a wife and baby. He was a bricklayer by trade but gave it up to become a priest. He was a joy to be with and he honestly and openly took on board the suffering of his parishioners at a very personal level. He offered love, comfort and the promise of faith in the same way that Christians believe God does.

He was a 'brittle' diabetic, hard to control and he knew he would be unlikely to live a long life. But he filled his life with purpose and love, and not once did he complain' why me'. Why didn't God save him you may ask? For what? To live a few more years with an increasing amount of suffering that is linked to his condition. We look at the physical, God at the spiritual and the answer might be wrapped up in that.

I seem to be like someone trying to explain to you how a car engine works when you will find the complete answer by looking though the manual. And you know the manual I'm talking about...from the Greek it's called 'The Book'
"Why didn't God save him, you may ask..."

Not really, as I was more interested in why your God chose to create this planet and allow millions of innocent children to suffer as a result.

I've never seen anybody explain this in a way other than "it is what it is" basically. You have done the same.

I've read The Bible by the way (well, the Old Testament anyway... The New Testament didn't have the enough theatrics to keep me entertained). I couldn't find the answers to why innocent children suffer as a consequence of simply being born... Which chapter and verse will provide that answer?