+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Harris (a wee rant, sorry)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Harris (a wee rant, sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I think I agree with much of what you say. The final straw for me was the calling out of an individual player.
    Harris is under pressure and may be close to losing the dressing room.
    Yeah I agree. The dressing room cannot be a happy place knowing that some players get away with consistently poor performances and never seem to get dropped, while others know that a single mistake they make will provoke the manager to single you out in a post match interview.

Maybe it's just me but I always dislike managers who pick on individual players and blame them for defeats publicly.

If a player makes an obvious mistake that leads to a goal I think it's fine to say "yeah he made a mistake".. but to constantly blame them for defeats is really unacceptable.

Bacuna doesn't look like he's trying. Trotting back into position, not getting tight enough and allowing the cross, zero urgency bravery to put himself in a position where he might get done, he doesn't want to know, look how easily players go past him. I know that he's not very good, but he's getting off lightly in my opinion with fans saying that he's not a right back. He may well not be, that doesn't stop him showing some commitment to the cause, he's even stopped kicking players. Looks to me like he's downed tools a bit.

Looking at the body language, the demeanour of the players, the lack of urgency and belief, the feeling that after 10 minutes the whole team has run out of ideas, tells me that something ain't right.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Yeah I agree. The dressing room cannot be a happy place knowing that some players get away with consistently poor performances and never seem to get dropped, while others know that a single mistake they make will provoke the manager to single you out in a post match interview.

Maybe it's just me but I always dislike managers who pick on individual players and blame them for defeats publicly.

If a player makes an obvious mistake that leads to a goal I think it's fine to say "yeah he made a mistake".. but to constantly blame them for defeats is really unacceptable.
    Adam Matthews and Dave Jones comes to mind.

Benkovic is gone though and he did feck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Yup, although we didn't lose that game just because of Benkovic, there was alack of quality and urgency throughout the team and the performance was awful. Wycombe matched us in every department and that's being kind to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

The only thing re Matthews is that we now know that he was quite unprofessional and plenty of players told him to sort himself out. Gabbs spoke about it on Elis James' Feast of Football openly. He really should have kicked on, and perhaps Jones was exasperated with him. Jones rarely dug anyone else out (I could be wrong about that, it was 10 years ago!)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    The only thing re Matthews is that we now know that he was quite unprofessional and plenty of players told him to sort himself out. Gabbs spoke about it on Elis James' Feast of Football openly. He really should have kicked on, and perhaps Jones was exasperated with him. Jones rarely dug anyone else out (I could be wrong about that, it was 10 years ago!)
    Do you know which episode it was?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Do you know which episode it was?
    Erm, good question! I think it would have been early last season, before a Wales game where they spoke about Matthews getting his career back on track at Charlton and performing at Championship level.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Erm, good question! I think it would have been early last season, before a Wales game where they spoke about Matthews getting his career back on track at Charlton and performing at Championship level.