+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Crowds allowed at lower Divisions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Crowds allowed at lower Divisions

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    there was one bloke who worked for the FAW who said to me at a wales away game that cardiff city ruined merthyr I said I knew of people from the merthyr area whose main team was cardiff but would also watch merthyr and the real reason for merthyrs decline was the fact it used to be a big town , comparatively but had been overtaken by cardiff , newport and swansea

He was very odd as was his mate who became all Welsh nationalist and started supporting Barry instead of cardiff

Very odd pair
    For a bit of balance and fairness...

They’ve still got a great fanzine going and whatever can be said about some of the characters within their support their Trust owns and manages their club (that’s another story mind).

The FAW lad (the one I know) is a great lad. Intelligent, good company and got a bit of charisma in fairness. He is politically minded but doesn’t push it on people.

I grew up in Aberfan, now live in Merthyr. City always had more supporters in the area even though it was a close run thing when City were in the darkest, deepest dungeon years and the Martyrs were in the Conference.

The truth about Merthyr’s football decline is they’ve been owned, managed by a collection of fuucking halfwits. Personally, they should try and join the Welsh pyramid system.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    For a bit of balance and fairness...

They’ve still got a great fanzine going and whatever can be said about some of the characters within their support their Trust owns and manages their club (that’s another story mind).

The FAW lad (the one I know) is a great lad. Intelligent, good company and got a bit of charisma in fairness. He is politically minded but doesn’t push it on people.

I grew up in Aberfan, now live in Merthyr. City always had more supporters in the area even though it was a close run thing when City were in the darkest, deepest dungeon years and the Martyrs were in the Conference.

The truth about Merthyr’s football decline is they’ve been owned, managed by a collection of fuucking halfwits. Personally, they should try and join the Welsh pyramid system.
    Sludge trying to tell Wolvesy the real reason why Merthyrs crowds have declined and calling him odd is comedy gold.

Cracking fella, as you say intelligent, well travelled and good company. Knows what he’s talking about, you don’t get to be in his position working for the Welsh FA if you didn’t.

I’ll take Wolvesys version of the ongoings of Merthyrs support over some know it all who has been to Penydarren Park a couple of times in the last 15 years for a pre season friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Sludge trying to tell Wolvesy the real reason why Merthyrs crowds have declined and calling him odd is comedy gold.

Cracking fella, as you say intelligent, well travelled and good company. Knows what he’s talking about, you don’t get to be in his position working for the Welsh FA if you didn’t.

I’ll take Wolvesys version of the ongoings of Merthyrs support over some know it all who has been to Penydarren Park a couple of times in the last 15 years for a pre season friendly.
    I have no idea who wolvesy is and whether this is the same person we are talking about , whats his name ?

But he hated cardiff city thats for sure and so did his mate , I found them both very odd characters , a real dislike for cardiff city , so bollocks to the pair of them

As for the FAW I think they are a pretty amateurish organisation

The one who turned his back on cardiff used to be a massive city fan but went all Welsh nationalist and started supporting Barry town saying cardiff fans were the enemies of welsh football for playing in the English pyramid