+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

I went to the one in Cwm near Ebbw Vale.

Rang around 10. No availability in Abercynon. Earliest appointment 5 in Cwm. Your given a half hour slot. Staff guide cars check you have an appointment by holding a sign , scan your appointment barcode. Some have mobile phones which you ring and they give you instructions. Theres then a drop off point for your test.

There was a car leaving as we arrived there was also cars there and arrived after. It didnt appear busy but with you being allocated a half hour slot im not suprised. Im not sure how many slots they have for each half hour.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I went to the one in Cwm near Ebbw Vale.

Rang around 10. No availability in Abercynon. Earliest appointment 5 in Cwm. Your given a half hour slot. Staff guide cars check you have an appointment by holding a sign , scan your appointment barcode. Some have mobile phones which you ring and they give you instructions. Theres then a drop off point for your test.

There was a car leaving as we arrived there was also cars there and arrived after. It didnt appear busy but with you being allocated a half hour slot im not suprised. Im not sure how many slots they have for each half hour.
    I think you're given a half hour slot in which to turn up, to allow for traffic etc, but the average time for a test is about 10 minutes. Clearly some take longer, particularly if they don't speak english too well and/or there is a problem explaining things.

It's obvious that each test doesn't take a half an hour slot or they wouldn't be doing over 200 a day.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think you're given a half hour slot in which to turn up, to allow for traffic etc, but the average time for a test is about 10 minutes. Clearly some take longer, particularly if they don't speak english too well and/or there is a problem explaining things.

It's obvious that each test doesn't take a half an hour slot or they wouldn't be doing over 200 a day.
    They are booking half hour slots. I was offered 5 to 5.30. 5.30 to 6 etc etc etc. I think they were available up to 8.30.

There are obviously a certain number per site for each slot. 200 is easy. 10 every half hour will easily make 200 a day

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    They are booking half hour slots. I was offered 5 to 5.30. 5.30 to 6 etc etc etc. I think they were available up to 8.30.

There are obviously a certain number per site for each slot. 200 is easy. 10 every half hour will easily make 200 a day
    UExactly as I said. You are given a 30 minute window to turn up but each test doesn’t tie up a bay for 30 minutes
    Each test centre has about 5 bays and is open for 12 hours so if the were actually only doing 1 every half hour the max production would be 120 tests each day. They are doing far more than that.