+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Angela Rayner is she in favour of protecting council homes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Angela Rayner is she in favour of protecting council homes

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Right to buy is good - ask just about every ex council house tenant that bought - got that ? - good. Lets move on.
    Someone being against council house right to buy - then go and buy one. That is bad - got that ? - good lets move on.
    Councils not being able to re-invest money from sold council property - bad - got that ? - Lets move on.
    and finally being a political hypocrite - very very bad on any level no matter what party / parliament / assembly / council etc.
    It's slightly odd to be that arsy when someone asks you your opinion.

One final question, do you think the discounts offered were too big, too small or about right?

There's a few reasons to be skeptical of the policy

Someone could not like selling council properties. Someone else might not think it was good value for money because of the level of discounts.
    Someone else might not mind the above, but might be against the policy of not allowing councils to rebuild 1:1

I am more interesting in reading views about policy than politicians.

Re: Angela Rayner is she in favour of protecting council homes

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    It's slightly odd to be that arsy when someone asks you your opinion.

One final question, do you think the discounts offered were too big, too small or about right?

There's a few reasons to be skeptical of the policy

Someone could not like selling council properties. Someone else might not think it was good value for money because of the level of discounts.
    Someone else might not mind the above, but might be against the policy of not allowing councils to rebuild 1:1

I am more interesting in reading views about policy than politicians.
    Eric you dished out @arsey - and you got @rsey straight back at you.

Do I think the discounts offered too big, small or about right - I dont know. Did the person I bought a house from offer me a discount - nope. Did the landlord I previously rented from offer me the chance to buy their house at a discount - nope again. In reality - council property included - there is no such thing as a discount - it just means that someone somewhere loses money (in this case - it was the council losing money). Alluding to Sludge's point - it was the wrong decision to not allow re investment from any money made.

The issue with Raynor is that it now emerges that she this council house as her registered address - whilst living somewhere else - no allowed according to the rules.