+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Yakou Meite - the first poor signing by Bulut?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Yakou Meite - the first poor signing by Bulut?

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Another prediction thread
    Meite has been crap but I feel it’s more the system he’s playing in compared to the player himself.

He’s often isolated on the wing much like Bowler with little midfield support.

Every opposition knows all the run is going to go down the channel with no risk of it going across the lines.

When he plays centrally, he has no midfield support and not big enough to be an out and out centre forward.

He’s crap but works hard but has no opportunity to use what skills he does have.

I would love for one game to see a Grant and Meite in a 442. I bloody hate these 2 sitting midfielders that rarely get up the pitch.

Re: Yakou Meite - the first poor signing by Bulut?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Meite has been crap but I feel it’s more the system he’s playing in compared to the player himself.

He’s often isolated on the wing much like Bowler with little midfield support.

Every opposition knows all the run is going to go down the channel with no risk of it going across the lines.

When he plays centrally, he has no midfield support and not big enough to be an out and out centre forward.

He’s crap but works hard but has no opportunity to use what skills he does have.

I would love for one game to see a Grant and Meite in a 442. I bloody hate these 2 sitting midfielders that rarely get up the pitch.

valid point on the usage of meite..however he has been an absolute state in the pentaly area..some shameful misses. Terrible headerer of the ball. His shots have been tame and more importantly at this level..straight at the keeper. Its fair to say he has some of the better chances but blunders them