+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City 1 - 0 Real Madrid. 50 years ago today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff City 1 - 0 Real Madrid. 50 years ago today

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Just been looking for my ticket, I think it was 1 shilling and 6 pence on the BOB BANK
    Me too.
    I was on the Grange End, my ticket was 40p (Formerly 8 shillings; we had gone decimal in Feb '71) Did you get in on a juvenile ticket?
    The official prgram was 5p(1 shilling)

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Me too.
    I was on the Grange End, my ticket was 40p (Formerly 8 shillings; we had gone decimal in Feb '71) Did you get in on a juvenile ticket?
    The official prgram was 5p(1 shilling)
    Still looking for ticket and programme but here's a pic of the team training at The Bernabeu before the second leg

madrid.jpg

Got mine

Still looking for ticket and programme but here's a pic of the team training at The Bernabeu before the second leg

madrid.jpg
    I'd say that from left to right, they are dunno, Brian Clark, Ian Gibson, John Parsons, Mel Sutton, Richie Morgan, Peter King, Nigel Rees, Jim Eadie, dunno, Don Murray, dunno, dunno, dunno, looks like Bobby Woodruff, Jimmy Scoular, dunno and I think it might be Dave Carver.

Players who were there or likely to be there who I've not named - Gary Bell, Leighton Phillips, Ronnie Bird played in the game before this one, so I assume he was in the party, Frank Parsons, Steve Derrett. Brian Harris and, maybe , Alan Warboys.

I'd say that from left to right, they are dunno, Brian Clark, Ian Gibson, John Parsons, Mel Sutton, Richie Morgan, Peter King, Nigel Rees, Jim Eadie, Leighton Phillips, Don Murray, dunno, dunno, dunno, looks like Bobby Woodruff, Jimmy Scoular, dunno and I think it might be Dave Carver.

Over Scoular's right shoulder is Woodruff, left shoulder is Ronnie I think, Warboys is behind Don

Players who were there or likely to be there who I've not named - Gary Bell, Leighton Phillips, Ronnie Bird played in the game before this one, so I assume he was in the party, Frank Parsons, Steve Derrett. Brian Harris and, maybe , Alan Warboys.

That's from looking at the original photo

That's from looking at the original photo
    Should be "IN FRONT OF DON"

I'd say that from left to right, they are dunno, Brian Clark, Ian Gibson, John Parsons, Mel Sutton, Richie Morgan, Peter King, Nigel Rees, Jim Eadie, dunno, Don Murray, dunno, dunno, dunno, looks like Bobby Woodruff, Jimmy Scoular, dunno and I think it might be Dave Carver.

I agree Paul, the one next toEadie is Frank Parsons, then Warboys. I can't make out the ones further back.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I agree Paul, the one next toEadie is Frank Parsons, then Warboys. I can't make out the ones further back.
    How about Derrett, Pethard, Villars and Gary Bell, gotta be there ?