Quote Originally Posted by Re-sign Carl Dale View Post
Absolutely agree TLG - hospital rates miles lower than last year, the much heralded apocalypse hasn’t arrived (SAGE seem compulsive harbingers of doom; I thought we were meant to be on 1 million cases per day by now because Boris didn’t lock up the English for Christmas. They remind me of the saying in financial services that economists have predicted 15 of the last three recessions).

What started as three weeks to slow the curve and Protect the NHS- seems to have turned into two years of beating us with a stick until no-one is in hospital and every death being a tragedy.

The radio and TV outlets bombard us with the (pretty meaningless) number of cases, number of hospitalisations and deaths, seemingly taking delight when numbers increase. The fact that 15-20,000 people die each winter with the standard flu seems forgotten.

The reality is that illness and death are (sadly) part of life. The NHS is employs 1,400,000 million people - surely they are there to treat us, rather than being a resource that people are made to feel guilty to use.
F*ck me, if the NHS employed 1,400,000 million people we could treat the world