+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Best city game at CCS for a decade or so

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Best city game at CCS for a decade or so

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Oh yeah, i was speed reading I think that the OP is getting a little carried away, but i get his way of thinking. Yesterday was like being served up a morrisons ready meal curry after years of eating dry stale bread, and it was the 1st game of the season. It goes to show how poor the standard of play had become, more than anything else.
    Yes that was my point. In isolation it wasn't that great and of course there have been better games (although even those trying to pick holes cant think of many considering they have a decade including 2 premier league seasons and 2 promotions to pick from!!)

But considering the new signings and new style of play etc etc etc it was right up there for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Yes that was my point. In isolation it wasn't that great and of course there have been better games (although even those trying to pick holes cant think of many considering they have a decade including 2 premier league seasons and 2 promotions to pick from!!)

But considering the new signings and new style of play etc etc etc it was right up there for me.
    Fair enough

For me it was the going into the unknown and being completely surprised, surprised in a very good way. So glad that it was Norwich, a newly relegated side, that we played. Of course it’s early days and we have to be cautious but if it had been against the likes of Rotherham, Reading, Birmingham etc it may have led to some fans coming out with ‘Ok, good display but wait until we play the likes of Norwich’. All in all a great afternoon’s work