Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
Too true we couldn't !

Interestingly, teams have only recently started to press in numbers as they realise that the opposition are adopting a high risk strategy from which they could also benefit.

Astute coaches are always likely to introduce ground breaking tactics but, as games are now being analysed in such depth, it doesn't take long for these tactics to be counteracted.
I like Argentinian football, their general style is a kind of mix between possession based and thought out long balls, it's calculated. Emphasis on physicality as well as quick play i the final third, and they love a creative midfielder who can make a pass beyond the opposition. Playing out from the back and drawing the opposition is brilliant to watch, it takes some doing and coaching, loads of hard work, fitness levels, pace, movement and ability. I like it, although there is more than one way to play the game. I think that some people jump on it and see themselves as 'Peps Children' ask them to explain what's going on and they probably wouldn't be able to answer you!