+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Forty four years ago today.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    First Team

Re: Forty four years ago today.

Talking of being outclassed , and testing my failing memory banks , which opposition teams were the most impressive you have seen at NP or the new place.
    I remember a M,boro team, possibly under Jack Charlton, tearing us apart and also Notts Forest with a young Viv Anderson playing a blinder, making us look silly.
    However, a Leeds team at the height of their power, coming down here in a Cup match, and winning 2-0 without even seeming to bother breaking sweat were probably the most impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Talking of being outclassed , and testing my failing memory banks , which opposition teams were the most impressive you have seen at NP or the new place.
    I remember a M,boro team, possibly under Jack Charlton, tearing us apart and also Notts Forest with a young Viv Anderson playing a blinder, making us look silly.
    However, a Leeds team at the height of their power, coming down here in a Cup match, and winning 2-0 without even seeming to bother breaking sweat were probably the most impressive.
    That Forest team murdered us 3-0 and won the First Division title the following year and yet we went up there a few months later and beat them 1-0.

I always think of the Reading side which walked the Championship in 05/06 as a very good team, they beat us 10-3 in aggregate that season and in the 5-2 down here you just thought they could score against us any time they wanted.

Thinking about it though, I don’t think I’ve seen City involved in a more one sided game against one of the ninety two than Man City’s 5-0 win down here in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That Forest team murdered us 3-0 and won the First Division title the following year and yet we went up there a few months later and beat them 1-0.

I always think of the Reading side which walked the Championship in 05/06 as a very good team, they beat us 10-3 in aggregate that season and in the 5-2 down here you just thought they could score against us any time they wanted.

Thinking about it though, I don’t think I’ve seen City involved in a more one sided game against one of the ninety two than Man City’s 5-0 win down here in 2018.
    Anyone who was at the Forest game will say the same. They passed the ball around us like statues for the whole game. I remember saying to my Dad this team will win the 1st division - they were that good.