+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kieffer Moore

Kieffer Moore

All the news outlets suggesting he’s on his way.

Good signing

Re: Kieffer Moore

To QPR?

I wonder if Glatzel will be heading back to Germany?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    To QPR?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ently-18699584

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    All the news outlets suggesting he’s on his way.

Good signing
    Who is all? I have only seen footy insider

Happy with this!

he is not too expensive, will improve our overall squad, provides different options.

The general consenus before was, not if we got promoted, but great for improving our team in the championship, and we are still in the championship.

Also will be nice to have a welsh international in our team.

I've seen a mixed response from our fans.

Personally think he is the type of player that would fit how we play. He gets about and gets goals. I think the 20 goal a season striker some fans expect just won't happen for financial reasons and also the way we play.

I not sure why but I think Glatzel may end up moving away but even ig he stays Glatzel, Moore and Patterson with some younget striker pushing through wouldn't be the end of the world.

Banned

Always looked decent playing for Wales, not seen much of him at Wigan. Hopefully he will come good if we sign him, we need a goalscorer.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    For all Harris loyal comments about our German god I do think he may not fit our league, Ive tried to give him some benefit of doubt, and feel at times he's not the finished article and missing Germany??

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I've seen a mixed response from our fans.

Personally think he is the type of player that would fit how we play. He gets about and gets goals. I think the 20 goal a season striker some fans expect just won't happen for financial reasons and also the way we play.

I not sure why but I think Glatzel may end up moving away but even ig he stays Glatzel, Moore and Patterson with some younget striker pushing through wouldn't be the end of the world.
    Glatzel, Moore, Ward.

3 strikers.

Paterson doesn't need to be anywhere near there.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Glatzel, Moore, Ward.

3 strikers.

Agree with this.

Pato is a legend but weirdly at the same time, he's not good enough. Especially for the way Harris wants to play.

As a stand alone signing, Moore doesn't excite me that much. But get a decent CM and Winger in and my juices will begin flowing once again.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    For all Harris loyal comments about our German god I do think he may not fit our league, Ive tried to give him some benefit of doubt, and feel at times he's not the finished article and missing Germany??
    I've been the same with Glatzel. I've wanted him to succeed but just don't think his all round game is enough for this league and our style.

We don't create a lot of chances and I don't think he is the sort to get much of a return from the chances and half chances he does get.
    Having said that his return of goals has been on par with what he achieved at previous clubs.
    He scored 1 in 6 exactly for 1860 Munich, a goal every 4.75 games for Kaiserslautern and 1 in 3.23 games for Heidenheim.
    His 7 in 30 for us, a goal every 4.28 games is better than his spells in Munich and Kaiserslautern and not a million miles from what he scored from Heidenheim especially taking into account he has a goal in three games in the FA Cup for us.

The big disappointment is that he hardly wins a header, rarely controls a ball when up top alone or creates anything for others in the team. He has no assists.
    Creating anything has never seemed to be his forte either though. He had 4 assists in 18/19 for Heidenheim and 2 in total the season before this, both in Bundesliga 2. I'm not sure what City were expecting but he's performing about where he was at in a team that, if we're being honest, most strikers wouldn't relish playing for.

I think with Moore you have to consider the fee a decent one for what is a clear upgrade on Glatzel for this league.
    While not pulling up trees Moore got 10 goals in 36 games and had 4 assists. I also see that he holds the ball up a lot better than Glatzel and is one of the best at aerial duels in this league.

For that money given the constraints at this time he should be a good signing and be an upgrade that improves the team.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Pato is such a committed player and a throw back to another era , pity he's so vulnerable at full back I do like the lad , Boro bound perhaps ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    As a stand alone signing, Moore doesn't excite me that much. But get a decent CM and Winger in and my juices will begin flowing once again.
    I'm not remotely interested, I know people say he's done this and that but I just have nightmares of us resorting to hoofing it up to him, I know Wigan weren't hoof ball merchants and I know he's done OK for Wales (with better players around him who can get a cross in)

If we can stick to the style we are moving towards I'm sure he has attributes that will help us, holding the ball up to bring others in etc but is he going to get on the end of a Lee Tomlin throughball? (I am asking as I don't know, not suggesting he can't)

Glatzel, Moore, Ward.

3 strikers.

Tbh we need to make cut backs so Ward goes for me as he's out of contract. Ward never really impressed when starting games and is never far off an injury, I'd rather just let him go.

I don't disagree about Patterson but as a 3rd or 4th option upfront I'm OK with that.

He's here,he's there,he's every effinwhere Kiefer Moore,Keifer Moooooore,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Jesus, showing my age

Tbh we need to make cut backs so Ward goes for me as he's out of contract. Ward never really impressed when starting games and is never far off an injury, I'd rather just let him go.

I don't disagree about Patterson but as a 3rd or 4th option upfront I'm OK with that.
    Then sell Pato and keep Ward IMO.

Obviously we're all of different opinions though.

It always amazed me how City would sign players when Warnock was here and they would discover deficiencies after they arrived.

Warnock said Paterson was not played in defence because he couldn't defend.
    Murphy was dropped because he would not or could not track back.

Did we not see this before signing them? What were we looking at and why did we buy them if they couldn't do large parts of what we bought them for and wanted from them?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Who is all? I have only seen footy insider
    https://www.deepdaledigest.com/news/...-cardiff-city/

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    It always amazed me how City would sign players when Warnock was here and they would discover deficiencies after they arrived.

Warnock said Paterson was not played in defence because he couldn't defend.
    Murphy was dropped because he would not or could not track back.

Did we not see this before signing them? What were we looking at and why did we buy them if they couldn't do large parts of what we bought them for and wanted from them?
    Good point

Then sell Pato and keep Ward IMO.

Obviously we're all of different opinions though.
    Of the two I'd rather have Patterson on the bench personally, gives more. Options and covers more positions.

Of the two I'd rather have Patterson on the bench personally, gives more. Options and covers more positions.
    Then we have 2 strikers. We need 3.

Yoy can see where I'm going here. Pato shouldn't play up top even during an injury crisis.

Then we have 2 strikers. We need 3.

Yoy can see where I'm going here. Pato shouldn't play up top even during an injury crisis.
    Yeah I get you don't like him upfront lol.
    I'm not a fan either but for me he probably does more starting upfront than say Ward.

I saw somewhere that he scored 2 more goals than Glatzel having played over 800 mins more. I don't think it's a bad signing but Glatzel's not awful in comparison