+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Senedd debating whether Wales should have power to call indy referendum

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Senedd debating whether Wales should have power to call indy referendum

I think it is great that people are talking about independence. When the day comes that there is a referendum on the matter which in my opinion will happen, whether that is in the next 5 years or the next 50 I'm not so sure.

It makes the general public more involved in the debate and more informed, something that nobody was in the Brexit vote. Meaning a lot of people voted either way on policies/facts that turned out to be wrong or significantly exaggerated.

In my opinion I am open to an independent Wales, there is no reason why we cant be. Although I would be happy with a fully-devolved Wales in-charge of everything with free movement/trade between each UK nation. People who state we are too poor, how are we too poor? If we indeed are, what is the benefit of being in the UK? If we are so insignificant, why doesn't England just become independent on its own and let us crumble into a 3rd world country? Reason is, they need us as they have a huge demand for resources, both renewable energy and water and they need Scotland for fossil fuels.

Re: Senedd debating whether Wales should have power to call indy referendum

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    I think it is great that people are talking about independence. When the day comes that there is a referendum on the matter which in my opinion will happen, whether that is in the next 5 years or the next 50 I'm not so sure.

It makes the general public more involved in the debate and more informed, something that nobody was in the Brexit vote. Meaning a lot of people voted either way on policies/facts that turned out to be wrong or significantly exaggerated.

In my opinion I am open to an independent Wales, there is no reason why we cant be. Although I would be happy with a fully-devolved Wales in-charge of everything with free movement/trade between each UK nation. People who state we are too poor, how are we too poor? If we indeed are, what is the benefit of being in the UK? If we are so insignificant, why doesn't England just become independent on its own and let us crumble into a 3rd world country? Reason is, they need us as they have a huge demand for resources, both renewable energy and water and they need Scotland for fossil fuels.
    There is a few fossils in Wales at the moment ,we need to become more inspirational, aspirational and dynamic .