+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Souness

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Souness

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Why does their physical inferiority stop them being linesmen, refs and commentators? How does that diminish your enjoyment of a game?
    There’s one woman commentator that shouts and screeches and it’s made me turn off games.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    There’s one woman commentator that shouts and screeches and it’s made me turn off games.
    Robyn Cowen? She's the main female commentator used by the BBC and I don't particularly like her commentary for that reason. There are other women commentators who are far better and who contribute lots of insight into the game. Let's be honest, man or woman who has played the game at international level will know more about it than any fan. What do women know about the men's game? More than those in the crowd.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Robyn Cowen? She's the main female commentator used by the BBC and I don't particularly like her commentary for that reason. There are other women commentators who are far better and who contribute lots of insight into the game. Let's be honest, man or woman who has played the game at international level will know more about it than any fan. What do women know about the men's game? More than those in the crowd.
    Maybe, but not as much as men that have played the men’s game, Roy Keene would have been far better than Karen, he'd understand the passion and why the managers lost it. Don't put him on as a pundit during women’s games though, it's very different have a panel of women who would have better understanding of their emotions. I don’t think it needs to be mixed?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Maybe, but not as much as men that have played the men’s game, Roy Keene would have been far better than Karen, he'd understand the passion and why the managers lost it. Don't put him on as a pundit during women’s games though, it's very different have a panel of women who would have better understanding of their emotions. I don’t think it needs to be mixed?
    emotions?

But would Roy Keane have been better

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    But would Roy Keane have been better
    For me definitely, he's a bit grumpy and unpredictable, I would have liked to have seen his views on it, Karen didn't seem to have much passion on the match and seemed out of her depth, that’s my view we can agree to disagree.

Normally you would have had a different discussion, it changed as soon as Souness said it's a man’s game, which it was, the ladies games were a few weeks ago.

For me definately, he's a bit grumpy and unpredictable, I would have liked to have seen his views on it, Karen didn't seem to have much passion on the match and seemed out of her depth, thats my view we can agree to disagree.

Normally you would have had a different discussion, it changed as soon as Souness said it's a mans game, which it was, the ladies games were a few weeks ago.
    what do you mean by "out of her depth" surely nobody can be out of their depth when it comes to giving their opinion on a game of football.
    you might not personally find them particularly interesting, but that's different.
    plenty of male pundits talk a load of shite most of the time anyway.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    what do you mean by "out of her depth" surely nobody can be out of their depth when it comes to giving their opinion on a game of football.
    you might not personally find them particularly interesting, but that's different.
    She was rubbish they were saying how the game was allowed to flow and men were allowed to be aggressive and back like the old days, she couldn't relate, true plenty of male pundits are rubbish too, just keep the good ones.

Here’s the point Souness was trying to make

https://talksport.com/football/11711...-karen-carney/
    Notes:

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm saying this lady was out of her depth, I don't know who she is or what she said. But obviously, if someone doesn't really know what they're talking about or they're reading a situation wrongly and then they give an opinion, then they're out of their depth.