Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
I doubt MM will want him. In and out of the Sunderland team, he'll hardly be ready for PL football. . I know a few Mackems and they're not sold on him.

In all seriousness, I don't think he's all that and he was horrendous by the time he was dropped. It was absolutely criminal we let Peltier go last season without adequate cover considering Jazz's horrendous injury issues. Always difficult to judge a young player but I'm not sure Sanderson is good enough going forwards to cover his defensive lapses. He's a solid player and I think he'll probably end up at this level but he's not there yet.
Peltier didn't fit the system and extending a player's contract who doesn't have a future at the club is a bit risky. Bacuna had played the run-in as a RB and had done well enough.

Would be interesting to see how Sanderson is getting on this year - playing as a CB you assume his defensive play is improving - but think Bagan is the better prospect and I think he has some issues still to be worked on. Wouldn't say no to Sanderson mind given there was something there and did well in majority of the games.