Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
This body's executive officers are independent and have to be by law . They are not allowed to be or have been serving police officers . However police officers are involved further down . If it is proved by an independent body ......or as far as we can get in this country .......that the two people stopped were stopped lawfully and they were treated fairly without discrimination then the woman who made the claims of racial profiling and excessive force needs to make an apology . But I think , at the very least , excessive force was used . However I have not seen the full video or the police body cam footage .
Now that we have established the allegations are not being investigated internally I am glad you accept that the Police, if the complaint is unproven, needs an apology. Of course the reverse is also true and I would expect the Police to apologise also if they are found to be in the wrong. However, I don't know how you can possibly think excessive force was used until you have seen the footage. Some of it was shown on Sky TV last night but I won't rush to judgement until the outcome of the complaint is known. I still fail to understand how the Police can only do their job if they are unable to stop suspects.

If it helps details of the investigation are here:

https://www.policeconduct.gov.uk/new...da-vale-london