+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Great Interview with a Premier League player who gives all his wages to charity

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Great Interview with a Premier League player who gives all his wages to charity

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    People are always going to agree with the side that makes sense to them, both morally and politically, the same as you do almost constantly. Although i do agree in terms of the authenticity of this article, there's no way of proving it to be true, and that is a little at odds with some of the replies from certain posters who slam others for putting up artlicles based on zero evidence.
    I liked the way the player rationalised anonymity because kidnappers could target his family knowing he is a loaded Prem footballer and gives money. After all, they'd not target him for being a loaded Prem footballer not giving money away.

Re: Great Interview with a Premier League player who gives all his wages to charity

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    I liked the way the player rationalised anonymity because kidnappers could target his family knowing he is a loaded Prem footballer and gives money. After all, they'd not target him for being a loaded Prem footballer not giving money away.
    If this was true (and i'm not saying that it isn't) The player in question would be known by the wider public (If they actually gave a shit) This isn't the kind of stuff that is top secret, sworn to secrecy etc, players would tell journos, their mates and missus, it would be common knowledge in the football world. He's apparently giving away a load of his wages, not devised a fool proof formula to stop poverty and disease.

If this was true (and i'm not saying that it isn't) The player in question would be known by the wider public (If they actually gave a shit) This isn't the kind of stuff that is top secret, sworn to secrecy etc, players would tell journos, their mates and missus, it would be common knowledge in the football world. He's apparently giving away a load of his wages, not devised a fool proof formula to stop poverty and disease.
    Agents would publicise it too - player looks a saint, players gets nice PR, external deals as a result, agent makes more money.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Agents would publicise it too - player looks a saint, players gets nice PR, external deals as a result, agent makes more money.
    Absolutely.

First Team

I can't agree with that. Who knew George Michael was such an awesome secret philanthropist until he died?