Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
I’m not knocking the club on 100% of its workings. The early transfer deals are very encouraging, ok not household names, but the club certainly aren’t letting the grass grow. But I will continue to gripe about things that piss me off, as you know the ticket office & club shop are my biggest bugbear.

I’ll give you a ‘for instance’. A while back I checked what credit I had due to Covid postponements, it was around £70. I discovered that the club shop had reopened but only on Saturdays. I wanted a new coat and there was one I fancied at the shop for about £90. Marvellous I think, I’ll go and get it, even though I was owed the £70 I went with the mindset I was getting a new coat for £20 odd. I pick the coat up, get to the till but it wouldn’t accept my credit. I was told, yes, you are owed £70 but you can only use it online?? I put the coat back and left, who would spend £90 on an item of clothing that you couldn’t try on?

Anyway, sod the coat, renewed my season ticket with the £70 discount but the club lost out on a £90 deal due to their poor way of doing business. I’m of the opinion that businesses, especially after the disastrous pandemic, should leave no stone unturned in filling the coffers. Oh, the PR and advertising wing of the club needs a kick up the arse as well, the sale of season tickets should be being trumpeted throughout the area while the truth is that potential new fans have no clue whatsoever.
Try it on in the shop and buy it online.