Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
Bellamy played for 10 different clubs including loans and never played 100 games for any of them. He didn't even play 50 for most of them. His coaching record is equally as patchy. I've got nothing against him and I think he has something to offer. But right now, he's in not in a position to manage a club like Cardiff City. The board has allowed things to get so bad, that we're almost in Fat Sam (or Championship equivalent thereof) territory. We're three points adrift of 20th place two points above the relegation places and six points behind Swansea who we were level with this time last week. Desperate times. The board have played themselves into the position of having to make a safe bet.
I would have Craig Bellamy in a flash , for all the reason Steve (Splott Parker )has mentioned.

He is passionate , knowledgeable , has a decent track record with our under 18s , was promoted to assistant coach at Anderlecht by Vincent Kompany after doing a decent job with their youngsters. I reckon Vincent Kompany knows a thing or two about football.
He should have had the job when MM (safe hands) was given it . He would with time, revamp the club from top to bottom.

Of course , when you are 3 points above the relegation spots , there isnt a great deal of time.

A safe pair of hands FFS oh I know , someone like Mick McCarthy ............................or Neil Harris ?