+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stay in the EU petition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Stay in the EU petition

If the remainers win a second referendum, do we get a third as a tie break? Or we could go for best out of five.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    If the remainers win a second referendum, do we get a third as a tie break? Or we could go for best out of five.
    JRM backed a second ref, on numerous occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    How is that relevant?

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    How is that relevant?
    Major Brexiteer advocated a second referendum in the past. He said we could have one to decide if we wanted to try to leave, and then one on the final deal. Suddenly, he's changed his tune. Funny that.

It is relevant because people know what they're voting for, instead of a unicorn that shits rainbows.

Major Brexiteer advocated a second referendum in the past. He said we could have one to decide if we wanted to try to leave, and then one on the final deal. Suddenly, he's changed his tune. Funny that.

It is relevant because people know what they're voting for, instead of a unicorn that shits rainbows.
    The head of the Remain campaign, David Cameron, said that he would act on the results of the referendum and that it would be a once-in-a-generation vote. The government also made exactly the same statement in their pro-Remain referendum propaganda leaflet. I don't think you ought to get bogged down too much on what individuals on either side have said.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    The head of the Remain campaign, David Cameron, said that he would act on the results of the referendum and that it would be a once-in-a-generation vote. The government also made exactly the same statement in their pro-Remain referendum propaganda leaflet. I don't think you ought to get bogged down too much on what individuals on either side have said.
    I'm not, I'm saying that people shouldn't label remainers bad losers, when the leavers would have done exactly the same thing (and have been doing so since 1973).

Either way, I don't think JRM's original point is actually a bad idea and the blame lies at the door of May and Cameron, who couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery and will go down in history as the worst PMs we've ever had.

Farage said he'd be campaigning for one if there was a few % difference